• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swordfish MPA...Should be interesting

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Looks like it has potential for nations that can’t or don’t want to afford something like the P-8. Cool paint job.

Lots of countries that fly P-3's or similar aircraft, from Chile to Pakistan, are going to need to replace them sooner or later and this could be a suitable replacement for many of them. Italy has already replaced its Atlantique's with a version of the ATR-72 they call the 'P-72A'.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Lots of countries that fly P-3's or similar aircraft, from Chile to Pakistan, are going to need to replace them sooner or later and this could be a suitable replacement for many of them. Italy has already replaced its Atlantique's with a version of the ATR-72 they call the 'P-72A'.

View attachment 21552

That looks...actually pretty cool, not gonna lie.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think you could actually bail out and not hit the horizontal stab for once!
That myth was put to rest during my time in VP, when we had a group of SEALs jump out of one of our aircraft. None of them even came close to the stab.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
CN235 is also a popular airframe, no idea about the mission systems though, and that's half the battle.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
I think he's more referring to the P-8, where we have an aft door with an explosive hinge mechanism for the express purpose of opening during flight to bail out...except we have been told never to use it and don't carry parachutes because you will be dragged directly into the stab and immediately sliced in half...