• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO - Stats Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

jRiot504

I posted this in the Navy OCS section, though I believe it is better suited here.

I will be applying for SWO (first choice) and Intel (second choice) for the next board. Without coming across as arrogant, I believe my package is competitive but I would like to double check to see if there are any areas I can improve prior to submitting. I will be taking my OAR in November, though I don't foresee any issues as I am currently a data scientist - just studying up on the specifics on the test to ensure I don't fail. I am 32 but my recruiter told me they recently raised the age for SWO to 35 but said I would have been able to get a waiver anyway.

Below are my package statistics:

LOR:
USCG O-6
USCG O-5
Professor - Mathematician who lead a theoretical research team at Los Alamos National Lab

Education:
BS in Professional Aeronautics ERAU - 3.3 GPA
MS in International Relations Troy University - 3.7 GPA
MS in Applied Economics University of North Dakota - 3.6 GPA

Prior Service:
10 years Air Force as air traffic controller (have specifics here, but probably not required)
Lead/supervised 12 airman
Directed Squadron fitness program for 180 personnel, ensured 97% pass rate on revamped standards
Awards - Excellence in Leadership and NCO of the Year at the group level (next level is base)

Publications/Book Reviews:
The International Arms Trade - Air and Space Power Journal
The Soviet Biological Weapons Program: A History - Strategic Studies Quarterly
US Defense Politics: The Origins of Security Policy - Strategic Studies Quarterly

Current:
3.5 years Research Oriented Data Scientist
Analytical - Time-Series Analysis, Bayesian Modeling, Multivariate Analysis, Cubic Spline-Interpolations, and Machine Learning (Supervised and Unsupervised)
Programming Languages - Python, R, MySQL, Bash and D
OS - UNIX and Linux

Talks:
Geography Mappings, Counting and Intersection Probabilities in Economic Development - The Data Science Conference
Economic Growth and Big Data - American Mathematical Society
2 x State University on current research

Volunteer:
Youth Basketball Coach
Volunteer Nepal - Village planting and harvesting

Personal:
Power-lifting Competition (2nd place)
3 Ultra-marathons
3 Olympic Distance Triathlons

Status
Not open for further replies.