• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO questions

Airyk17

Hi guys, I haven't posted in a long while just been lurking around. I'm a 4/C in NROTC and i know its really early but I've been interested in SWO lately and was wanting to get some more specific info and just a general feel for the community so I did some searching on here and everyone says check out Sailorbob or SWOnet but I looked at those sites and both wouldn't let me view unless I am registered and a SWO already. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but any help would be great.

Mouse36

So be a little more specific, what do you actually want to know about the community. I'll give you my personal opinions of the world of SWO although I'm a little biased because I'm a prior airdale. But I'll give you the good and the bad, and make sure you ask all the right questions now, so you're not surprised later. Although, that's the way in the Navy, I never knew what the right questions were until it was too late.

navy09

None
You've got a ton of time to figure all of this out. I didn't decide I wanted to go SWO until my senior year. You'll probably hear about 100 community briefs, go on a few cruises, and talk to a bunch of different officers between now and when you service select.

I think SWO gets a bad rap, but it's definitely not for everyone (neither is aviation, subs, or spec war), so do the research and pick the community that you'll fit into best. Good luck.

P.S. You can join SailorBob. Pretty sure you can get on SWOnet too, but I'm not sure.