• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO OAR SCORE

Empire16

Im pretty damn bad at math, and after studying for a few days I know this is going to be a rough ride for me to take the OAR.

Out of curiosity if I have a really high gpa (3.9+) how good of an OAR score do I need to go to OCS? I know I should strive for the best possible score and I will 100% be studying for at least 2 more months but, to be realistic I am not going to do super well on the OAR.

BDavis11

Contributor
You have to at least meet the minimum per the PA. Get rid of the negative thinking and just perform your best. Plenty of study material and tips and tricks out there. I suck at math too for the most part and I pulled off a 56 so it can be done.

Empire16

You have to at least meet the minimum per the PA. Get rid of the negative thinking and just perform your best. Plenty of study material and tips and tricks out there. I suck at math too for the most part and I pulled off a 56 so it can be done.
How did you specifically study?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Im pretty damn bad at math, and after studying for a few days I know this is going to be a rough ride for me to take the OAR.

Out of curiosity if I have a really high gpa (3.9+) how good of an OAR score do I need to go to OCS? I know I should strive for the best possible score and I will 100% be studying for at least 2 more months but, to be realistic I am not going to do super well on the OAR.

Do yourself a big favor and use the search function to (1) see how successful SWO applicants stacked up and (2) ASTB/OAR study info.

You’re 23, time to get a taste of the real world and learn how to find answers on your own.

BDavis11

Contributor
just keep going over it until it sticks or you discover a way that helps it stick. Knowing simple math will get you the score you need. As stated above, use the search function and you will discover what worked for others on here. Happy searching.

Empire16

just keep going over it until it sticks or you discover a way that helps it stick. Knowing simple math will get you the score you need. As stated above, use the search function and you will discover what worked for others on here. Happy searching.
Thank you and good luck!

Biff42

As stated, just put in the work big dawg. I went from a 45 to a 51. Endless resources on here. I also watch alot of ASVAB tutoring videos on YouTube, countless hours to build that math foundation and it helped tremendously

spartan22

I went for a different designator, but I'm pretty sure the Minimum OAR for SWO is 42. I would say definitely get above the minimum so you're automatically competitive on the OAR front and you don't need to retake the OAR or request an OAR waiver, which hinders your chances. I was so convinced when I finished the OAR that I would need a retake, but I ended up getting a 48 (3 points above the minimum for my designator) and then I ended up getting selected for CW.

There are some good OAR prep books online that you can buy. I would say the Math section of the OAR is around the same difficulty as the No Calculator Math on the SAT, but don't quote me on that. Just do the best you can and make sure you're well-rounded on the other aspects of the application (i.e. motivational statement, letters of recommendation). You're highly competitive on GPA already so that's good. Having a STEM Major also probably helps but it's not required.