• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Leather Jacket

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The pockets on the front side of the jacket look like they are too far from the midline. Is there a reason for that?
I kinda think they missed the boat (so to speak) by not making a front pocket = back pocket pattern. You know, like the old school "ass in front" pattern from the dungaree pants.

I mean what a great icebreaker that would be at the bar, when someone asks why there are front pockets on the back of your leather jacket that look just like the pockets on the front of your leather jacket! And you could tell them about heritage.

5b2f328ef1e272b1b2c2403a786f8283.jpg

CUBUFFS4134

Tellin’ it like it is.
pilot
Contributor
While I’m not as up to speed on NWUs as other uniforms, so much looks wrong here! I saw a video with a VADM where he had all tan rank tab with black stars? Didn’t realize color sleeve patches and different rank tabs are allowed. Last update I saw was the silver Captain rank, not to be confused with the 18 year old wearing PO3.

Attachments

• 13719B32-E395-4075-BC1F-4507B7D25304.jpeg
    13719B32-E395-4075-BC1F-4507B7D25304.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 111

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I’m not as up to speed on NWUs as other uniforms, so much looks wrong here! I saw a video with a VADM where he had all tan rank tab with black stars? Didn’t realize color sleeve patches and different rank tabs are allowed. Last update I saw was the silver Captain rank, not to be confused with the 18 year old wearing PO3.
Admiral Foggo is a full Admiral, and dual-hatted as NAVEUR/NAVAF.

And his aide and PAO both need to be slapped. The loop for letting the boss walk out of the office like that, and the PAO for letting that photo get posted online.

CUBUFFS4134

Tellin’ it like it is.
pilot
Contributor

And his aide and PAO both need to be slapped. The loop for letting the boss walk out of the office like that, and the PAO for letting that photo get posted online.

Tracking on ADM Foggo (good buddy was his aide). Seperate to the screenshot I posted above, I was referencing a video I saw online of another flag who had a tan tab with black stars (might have been CNP)? That’s why they have a staff and aides, right. So they don’t look like a football bat on LinkedIn!

Attachments

• F2190045-974E-45ED-A46A-00173438B22F.jpeg
    F2190045-974E-45ED-A46A-00173438B22F.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 95

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Former NAVEUR/NAVAF/C6F/STRIKFORNATO Staff weenie here and that hideous use of patches is because NAVEUR/NAVEUR is also triple-hatted as Commander, Allied Joint Force Command Naples, which is a joint command and NATO command which means there is standardization of stuff across multiple branches and nations there. They have some weird patches in order to make sure everybody knows who's who in the zoo.

I dig wearing command patches on the left shoulder in Type 3s, though. Seems like an opportune place for a little esprit de corps and morale.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Yeah, ADM Foggo recently wore a NWU Type I rank insignia on his NWU Type III blouse, but I figured he has four gosh darn stars and he’s been in the Navy roughly as long as I’ve been alive so he can wear whatever he dang well wants.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
One hidden gem in that NAVADMIN is they prescribed it as optional outerwear with SDBs in lieu of the IKE, making Service Dress Aviator unofficially blessed. Now that NWUs are verbotten in the Pentagon, I plan on mixing this into my repertoire since Service Khakis are the devil's uniform.

Edit: Also with Blue Garrison Cap because fuck it, why not. Die a thousand deaths combination cover.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Edit: Also with Blue Garrison Cap because fuck it, why not. Die a thousand deaths combination cover.
I might actually have a 7⅝ garrison cap somewhere. Not even sure if that came with the Johnny Cashes we got back in OCS though. It was back in the last millennium, which was a pretty long time ago.