• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Leather Jacket

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Affirm...and regarding her NAM, it’s much more impressive than my electronic, self-awarded NAM...

View attachment 24215
Why self award a NAM. I’d being go much higher with in a reasonable standard set by my highly achievable goals that were well thought out before undertaking them allowing me to achieve greatness due to the fact that I set such achievable standards that one could meet in a timely fashion so well that you know what mean right.......?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Why self award a NAM. I’d being go much higher with in a reasonable standard set by my highly achievable goals that were well thought out before undertaking them allowing me to achieve greatness due to the fact that I set such achievable standards that one could meet in a timely fashion so well that you know what mean right.......?
At the time, I couldn’t locate any electronic versions of a COM...or an Air Medal...or a Congressional Medal of Jesus.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So my XO went to a conference at SURFPAC recently, and apparently one of the senior leaders who spoke was rocking the jacket. Said senior leader allegedly made it clear in no uncertain terms that NO ONE was to refer to this uniform item as a “Swacket.”

XO was like “I never even thought to call it that, but now that he mentioned it, I can’t NOT call it that in my head!”

Methinks the Barbra Streisand Effect is in full, well, effect here. They already have SWOters . . .

Last edited:

CUBUFFS4134

Tellin’ it like it is.
pilot
Contributor
Some young boat donkey is, right now, dreaming of growing up and turning over with Mr. Todd Nelms as the “SWO Leather Jacket Program Manager.”

GroundPounder

The pockets on the front side of the jacket look like they are too far from the midline. Is there a reason for that?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The pockets on the front side of the jacket look like they are too far from the midline. Is there a reason for that?
You can’t have SWOs adding side openings to those pockets and sticking their hands in them like those dirty brown shoes. This ensures it doesn’t happen.