• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

exNavyOffRec

Just did some research on the ALT selection meaning, and now realizing we have to wait for someone to get disquled or fail out of OCS to get a primary. So if no one does, which is unlikely people fail out of OCS all the time, we could be waiting a bit. Until we are upgraded to a "Primary", vice ALT, candidate then we probably won't get a class up date. The command will get an email notifying them when we are upgraded to Primary status.

ALT selection are rarely if at all used for OCS, I have seen it for ODS programs and usually it will be something like FY 2019 Alt/FY 2020 Primary

The reason that ALT really isn't used is that they always over-select and any they don't get to OCS for the current FY they just send for the next FY.

MM3Oyler

ENS O
ALT selection are rarely if at all used for OCS, I have seen it for ODS programs and usually it will be something like FY 2019 Alt/FY 2020 Primary

The reason that ALT really isn't used is that they always over-select and any they don't get to OCS for the current FY they just send for the next FY.

What happens if I get pushed to the next FY but my enlistment is up in August? Do I become a civilian until I get selected?

Stephem

It appears AMDO does the alternate selects different than the other boards, which sucks for you guys that applied to AMDO.
Haha! I think we are in the wrong thread. Anyways, they just made the change last year. I guess now they're sticking to the exact amount of quotas they were given for that FY. Last year was very upsetting for sure but it is what it is.

Jmanstar

So my recruiter just submitted my package in the past few days for SWO and just wanted to know how long it takes for the board to review and get back to me or him.

J_Suite

This site... all you have to do is use the search bar and you'll find SWO boards going years back. To answer your question board results come out 2-6 weeks after the board convene date. There's no definite answer as it varies every board.

MM3Oyler

ENS O
So my recruiter just submitted my package in the past few days for SWO and just wanted to know how long it takes for the board to review and get back to me or him.

My board convened on Monday Feb 11th and my captain wanted to see me Friday to congratulate me. I was dumbfounded since it took INTEL and IP much longer. I did only put in for conventional SWO this last time. Now getting a solid transfer date has been a different story. I have an unofficial class update but also I am an ALT vice Primary select. So we are shooting for my unofficial date as if it’s an official date.