• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 20 April

SeaWarrior

Hello everyone!
So I'm planning to submit my first SWO package on the coming April board. I've heard that the last one had a really low selection rate, but this is what I'm working with! Any comments (positive or negative) would be welcome.

Prior Enlisted record: 6 years, E-5 (SW/AW/IW), NAM, FLOC, CO's Letter of Appreciation, consistent volunteering (habitat for humanity), EP EP MP (First E-5 Eval).
College: BBA in Finance, 3.32 cumulative GPA, (4.0 major GPA, not that it matters)
OAR: 48 (with one attempt remaining)
LORs: Current boss, College Professor, CW04 (currently active duty)
Extra curricular: President of the Veteran's Club at my university, student employee at the local Veteran's Affairs office, member of a veteran's career initiative club on campus.

I know it's a competitive landscape these days due to over selection but being a SWO is something that I really want to do so I'll be persistent and keep applying in the event I'm not selected.

Last edited:

Joselo_0084

Hello everyone!
So I'm planning to submit my first SWO package on the coming April board. I've heard that the last one had a really low selection rate, but this is what I'm working with! Any comments (positive or negative) would be welcome.

Enlisted record: 6 years, E-5 (SW/AW/IW), NAM, FLOC, CO's Letter of Appreciation, consistent volunteering (habitat for humanity), EP EP MP (First E-5 Eval).
College: BBA in Finance, 3.32 cumulative GPA, (4.0 major GPA, not that it matters)
OAR: 48 (with one attempt remaining)
LORs: Current boss, College Professor, CW04 (currently active duty)
Extra curricular: President of the Veteran's Club at my university, student employee at the local Veteran's Affairs office, member of a veteran's career initiative club on campus.

I know it's a competitive landscape these days due to over selection but being a SWO is something that I really want to do so I'll be persistent and keep applying in the event I'm not selected.
Persistence is the key. Since you are enlisted, how about your appraisals?

La'Marcos

STATS:

PROREC-N via last SWO board 10FEB20
Age: 35 AGE WAIVER Approved. I might run circles around some of you 20 year olds!
GPA: 2.95 (Kinesiology); Current GPA: 3.55 (Masters Pubic Administration) Masters graduation in May 2021.
OAR: 40.
Appraisals: 0-4 (SWO), 0-6 (SUB), 0-6 (MED), 0-5 (MED)
LOR(s) -(1) 0-9 ADM, (1) SUB 0-6 CAPT, (1) SUB 0-6 CAPT
Evals: EP, EP, MP, EP
11 years prior Active and 5yr current reservist.

I just want to spread positive energy to everyone here and point out that you wouldn't be here if you weren't motivated. I wasn't selected last SWO Proboard however, I will never stop submitting commissioning packages. SWO/LDO/CWO. I don't care! One of them will stick. Good luck to everyone here! I also want to say that yes good OAR scores, Eval's, and GPA should matter but what about leadership? Seems like the NAVY can benefit from more folk who have a history of excellent leadership. I hope they are considering folks who have a record of sustained superior leadership during this boarding process. I also hope that holds major weight as equal to those who have outstanding stats. Any thoughts?

Like Quote Reply

Last edited:
I keep hearing no quotas, which is not the gouge I got from mr. Celestin. You do realize if there were no quotas there would be no board.

Joselo_0084

If there's any change to boards schedule, it will be notified through the appropriate channels. Stay focused and positive.

jbenavi

I should be in this board. Best of luck!

GPA: 3.558 (3.829 Bachelor's, 3.309 Associate's)
OAR: 48
Majors: International Studies & Asian Languages
Minor: Political Science
LORs: Two professors, one past employer

Abautista

I'll be joining ya'll on this board.

My Stats:

Prior Service: National Guard - 4 years
College: BM - Music Performance and Music Business 3.5 - Critical Language Institute: Russian 4.0 -MS Intelligence and National Security 4.0
OAR: 55
LORs: Current Boss, Previous Boss, 3 College professors, 0-4 Army, W-2 Army

Good luck everyone!