• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 19 AUG 2019

buffunicorn

Ahh glad to hear there's another SWO board in the fiscal year. I thought my OR had told me the delayed June one was the last of the FY, so I missed that deadline.
Guess I'll be up on this board with y'all!

buffunicorn

Saw my OR today: "Where did you hear there was an August board coming up?"
"Air Warriors" ?
Y'all dropping knowledge that he didn't know about. Appreciate it

BroskiOCS

Is my Package strong for SWO?
Yeah man.... your stats seem pretty solid. Plus you're applying at a great time. Right now they are selecting for SWO as long as you have a college degree and a pulse. But seriously... maybe another LOR or two and make sure your personal statement and CO recommendation are strong.

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
My OR told me the August board has been pushed to September. Has anyone else been told this?
Did you ask your OR why it would have been moved? Perhaps they don’t have enough applications to convene a board? They need to select 79 applicants per board for FY-20. There are are only 4 boards for FY-20. I’m just going off of the MPTE. So this would be my only assumption as to why they would push it out a month. ??‍♂️

GmoneyAl88

Did you ask your OR why it would have been moved? Perhaps they don’t have enough applications to convene a board? They need to select 79 applicants per board for FY-20. There are are only 4 boards for FY-20. I’m just going off of the MPTE. So this would be my only assumption as to why they would push it out a month. ??‍♂️
He told me it’s a good sign because they need more applications and that they’re going to be selecting a very high number of applicants so your explanation is pretty similar to his. I was wondering if anyone else heard the same.

exNavyOffRec

They don't take the number they need and then divide by the number of boards, and they can only select so many for the FY before the hard goals are released which is generally in Jan, they also over-select as it is not uncommon for people to pick several designators. the boards will pick the best candidates, if that results in 50 picked in a board or 100 picked in a board then that is what it will be.

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
They don't take the number they need and then divide by the number of boards, and they can only select so many for the FY before the hard goals are released which is generally in Jan, they also over-select as it is not uncommon for people to pick several designators. the boards will pick the best candidates, if that results in 50 picked in a board or 100 picked in a board then that is what it will be.
Bump

buffunicorn

So what are the chances that anyone who is Pro Rec-Y on the next board August or September or whenever it is, will make it to OCS before the end of the year? January in Newport sounds brutal.

Seawolf_2020

Navy guy
So what are the chances that anyone who is Pro Rec-Y on the next board August or September or whenever it is, will make it to OCS before the end of the year? January in Newport sounds brutal.

I’d say sooner then January. Also, when the weather is adverse exposure to the elements is minimal. My only gripe would be all of the cold weather attire we would need. I read we would have to fork out roughly $3k for uniforms. This is would especially be true for the winter months of training. There are some uniform items winter candidates need that summer candidates don’t need. (Example. Heavy gloves, scarves, ski masks, etc.)

kbal731

God I hope it's sooner than Jan already told my OR I'd be ready to go ASAP...my contract with my job runs ends in Sept and told them not to renew... and also didnt renew my lease, so I'm moving back in with my parents. Nothing like being unemployed in your late 20s, living in your parents basement, I'm putting a lot of faith on that pro rec ?

GmoneyAl88

God I hope it's sooner than Jan already told my OR I'd be ready to go ASAP...my contract with my job runs ends in Sept and told them not to renew... and also didnt renew my lease, so I'm moving back in with my parents. Nothing like being unemployed in your late 20s, living in your parents basement, I'm putting a lot of faith on that pro rec ?
Bro I feel this on a personal level hahahah. And my OR told expect a very quick turn around if you get selected on this board he said a month tops. I’m ready to go right now and I’m in the exact same situation as you.

buffunicorn

I feel that 100%. My apartment lease is up mid September, but my OR told me that with a report for active duty letter, my property management will be required to let me out, so I'm just gonna ride it til I can. But I'm with y'all, I'm ready to go like yesterday lol