• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

GAhnee

NRC views significant change as only a few items, another term of college completed to include degree conferral, or change in OAR score.

Reserve boards are nothing like active boards, what you described is what they do for reserve boards and those are much more involved as they are looking at people who have a significant background in the field they are going into or they are prior officers coming back in.

Active boards for aviation/SWO are fast, mere minutes at best for each application, sometimes they make broad cuts without looking at the applications, most times selections are done based on GPA, often they don't even read the LOR's, and if they need to it is due to a waiver and the person is on the fence. In effect most of the application is barely looked at, unless you have an issue in your background.
Thanks for clarifying. He is an active reserve officer, so this makes much more sense. I wasn’t trying to give out false information. He didn’t mention that he sat on reserve boards, so I automatically assumed there was no distinction.

BroskiOCS

Looking at this next board as well. 12 year HM1. Hopefully there's good news for both of us doc.
Good luck, brother! I was right around my 12 year mark as well as an HM1. You got this! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Abautista

Joining you’s on this board since the last one didn’t convene.

Prior Service: National Guard - 4 years
Berklee College of Music: BM - Music Performance BM - Music Business 3.4
Critical Language Institute: Russian 4.0
MS Intelligence and National Security 4.0
Graduate certificate Open Source Intelligence 4.0
OAR: 55
LORs: Current Boss, Previous Boss, 3 College professors, 0-4 Army, W-2 Army

EmmaG

Jumping on the band wagon on this thread. I was ProRec-N on the Debruary board as well. I updated my package by completing my Masters degree in Leadership and adding an additional letter of rec.

GPA: 3.0
Degree: Masters in Leadership
OAR: 50
Prior Service: No

Good luck to everyone applying this round!

EmmaG

Not sure where in the months of the year "Debruary" falls, but the way this year has been who really knows what month it is anyway LOL
Oh my gosh ? I obviously meant February! But yes I’d say that’s accurate given how the years gone so far.

sasebobeast

First time applying! My recruiter said I will be on this board.

Only applying for #1 SWO (1160)
Undergrad GPA: 3.79
University: Cal Poly SLO
Degree: B.S. City and Regional Planning, 2019
OAR: 49 (second attempt)
Prior Service: No
LOR: Employer, Employer, College Professor

Background:
I received congressional nomination for USNA Fall 2016, but did not receive appointment.

Chapter President Golden Key International Honour Society, San Luis Obispo (2018-2019)

Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Philippines 19’

Last edited:

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
Lord I hope this board happens as we seem to going backwards and now the restrictions are in play?
The April board was cancelled not because of the COVID-19, and many other boards continued to hold. So I believe the August board would not be affected by it.