• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 10 FEB 2020 OCS

Tacticalhusky

Greetings! I recently submitted a package for the SWO Board which convened on 04 November and was a NON SELECT. I am compiling another package for the next board. Packages are due 16 January. Positive vibes to everyone!
Super positive vibes to you on this next round! A friend of mine didn't make it to last boards, so she will be on this one as well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Greetings! I recently submitted a package for the SWO Board which convened on 04 November and was a NON SELECT. I am compiling another package for the next board. Packages are due 16 January. Positive vibes to everyone!

You’ll need to make substantial improvements in order to submit before the 6 month wait.

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
You’ll need to make substantial improvements in order to submit before the 6 month wait.
Understood.
So far retaking some grad classes for higher GPA, new CO recommendation, additional evaluation and PRT, all new interviews. I'll send graduate transcripts this time as well.

GAhnee

Gonna be on this board if all goes well. Have everything turned in and no issues thus far. Even this far out from the board I am extremely nervous!

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Gonna be on this board if all goes well. Have everything turned in and no issues thus far. Even this far out from the board I am extremely nervous!
If you're active duty check with the fleet processors to see if anything else is required. If you're a civilian check with your recruiter. If they say you are good to go then no sweat! You have done the hard part .

GAhnee

If you're active duty check with the fleet processors to see if anything else is required. If you're a civilian check with your recruiter. If they say you are good to go then no sweat! You have done the hard part .
Air National Guard but currently deployed until the end of January. My recruiter says everything is turned in, so it’s out of my hands now!

Jbyrne89

Hey guys! First time poster on airwarriors but I have been referring to the site for a few months while I put my packet together.

GPA: about 3.0 (combined undergrad and law school - law school grades are much higher)
OAR: 47
LORs: 06 (Navy - retired), 05 (USMC - professor/mentor), 03 (Navy - supervisor in internship), and my Congressman
Experience/extra curricular: currently working at a law firm, during law school worked for District Attorney in my city, did Navy JAGC internship in law school (during the internship I decided I wanted to go SWO), volunteer live-in fire fighter for two years in college, played ice hockey for two years in college, played rugby in law school, and held various student government leadership positions in college and law school.

I have one question... I have looked through many of the previous forums and have seen the schedule of all of the boards and don't quite have a straight answer. If I have overlooked the answer somewhere on this site I apologize! The recruiter I have been working with told me that there was a board meeting in December. From looking at both the board schedules and many of the forums it looks like the next one is definitely this board in Feb (it looks like in the past if there was an unscheduled board, people posted about it). Is it possible there is an unscheduled board meeting in December?

Last edited:

Acsantosus

Hey guys! First time poster on airwarriors but I have been referring to the site for a few months while I put my packet together.

GPA: about 3.0 (combined undergrad and law school - law school grades are much higher)
OAR: 47
LORs: 06 (Navy - retired), 05 (USMC - professor/mentor), 03 (Navy - supervisor in internship), and my Congressman
Experience/extra curricular: currently working at a law firm, during law school worked for District Attorney in my city, did Navy JAGC internship in law school (during the internship I decided I wanted to go SWO), volunteer live-in fire fighter for two years in college, played ice hockey for two years in college, played rugby in law school, and held various student government leadership positions in college and law school.

I have one question... I have looked through many of the previous forums and have seen the schedule of all of the boards and don't quite have a straight answer. If I have overlooked the answer somewhere on this site I apologize! The recruiter I have been working with told me that there was a board meeting in December. From looking at both the board schedules and many of the forums it looks like the next one is definitely this board in Feb (it looks like in the past if there was an unscheduled board, people posted about it). Is it possible there is an unscheduled board meeting in December?
From my understanding there is a board in February with an application due date in January. But it is always possible that they have a surprise board coming up. If I recall they had a surprise board around this time last year. Keep skimming the site for any updates as well as keep on top of your OR. Best of luck with your application.

Jbyrne89

From my understanding there is a board in February with an application due date in January. But it is always possible that they have a surprise board coming up. If I recall they had a surprise board around this time last year. Keep skimming the site for any updates as well as keep on top of your OR. Best of luck with your application.

Thanks so much!!

Good Evening,
I recieved confirmation that my package was submitted and sent to the board.
My stats:
Applying for SNA, NFO, and SWO on that order
Active Duty DC1
25 years old
BA Homlenad Security
GPA 3.93
OAR 49
EVAL welcome aboard P, Transfer EP, EP, MP
Interviews O-6 O-6 O-5
LOR O-6 O-5 O-4
Wish everyone the best of luck on the upcoming board!