• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

jlee199

I’ve been reading through the 04 NOV boards and some people were saying they found out the navy met their quotas for swo. Any idea how this might effect those of us on this board?

Acsantosus

I’ve been reading through the 04 NOV boards and some people were saying they found out the navy met their quotas for swo. Any idea how this might effect those of us on this board?
Before everyone starts to speculate or worry about the information that was passed along in the 04 November board. I will pass along only what I know from the fleet processor and hope that the experienced Officer Recruiters can enrich the information I pass on.
a lot of us (AD and civilians) from the Nov had not received out FINSEL letter until this week. I personally spoke with the fleet processor and what he told me was that for SWOs the manning requirements for FY20 had changed meaning for example if big navy said we need 500 SWOs in FY20, they have now said we only need 250 for FY20 ( this is something way over anyones head/ above most peoples pay grade). The issue that has come into play is that (for example) they have already selected let’s say 300 out of 500 for FY20 quota. That extra 50 personnel has essentially been designated as FY21 quotas (this is way a lot of us have been given July class ups). As the veteran Officer Recruiters have already mentioned... ONLY CNRC knows what is happening with the future of SWO boards, plan for the board to happen and I would say just plan to be selected as an FY21 selection quota not FY20.

Jbyrne89

Before everyone starts to speculate or worry about the information that was passed along in the 04 November board. I will pass along only what I know from the fleet processor and hope that the experienced Officer Recruiters can enrich the information I pass on.
a lot of us (AD and civilians) from the Nov had not received out FINSEL letter until this week. I personally spoke with the fleet processor and what he told me was that for SWOs the manning requirements for FY20 had changed meaning for example if big navy said we need 500 SWOs in FY20, they have now said we only need 250 for FY20 ( this is something way over anyones head/ above most peoples pay grade). The issue that has come into play is that (for example) they have already selected let’s say 300 out of 500 for FY20 quota. That extra 50 personnel has essentially been designated as FY21 quotas (this is way a lot of us have been given July class ups). As the veteran Officer Recruiters have already mentioned... ONLY CNRC knows what is happening with the future of SWO boards, plan for the board to happen and I would say just plan to be selected as an FY21 selection quota not FY20.
So, this will not necessarily change selection rates? But would likely change when those who are fortunate enough to be selected will be able to go to OCS? Is that correct?

Acsantosus

So, this will not necessarily change selection rates? But would likely change when those who are fortunate enough to be selected will be able to go to OCS? Is that correct?
The selection rate is never set in stone. And I can’t speak to the selection rate truism of this board or any other. The only statement of advice I can give is to (as I said in my post) plan for the board and if selected anticipate being a FY21 quota. Again as it’s been mentioned only CNRC knows the quotas/ future plan for SWO. I’s better to be prepared and miss an opportunity than blow it off and miss what could be an advantage.

Riem2080

The selection rate is never set in stone. And I can’t speak to the selection rate truism of this board or any other. The only statement of advice I can give is to (as I said in my post) plan for the board and if selected anticipate being a FY21 quota. Again as it’s been mentioned only CNRC knows the quotas/ future plan for SWO. I’s better to be prepared and miss an opportunity than blow it off and miss what could be an advantage.
Does "being a FY21 quota" mean you GRADUATE OCS in FY21, or BEGIN OCS in FY21? Thanks.

GAhnee

Well that’s no fun. Hopefully this board is not affected much.

Acsantosus

You and me both. Thinking good thoughts.
I was worried about this happening after I posted about my experience in the Nov board conversation. I don’t want others to start overthinking the situation. The fact that they are still holding this board is a good sign if you ask me. I don’t think anyone should panic/ worry about it. Stay focused, stay positive, and let the process play out. If your as competitive as you can be you have nothing to worry about. Wishing the best of luck to everyone on this board!

PontusPilot

Contributor
I was worried about this happening after I posted about my experience in the Nov board conversation. I don’t want others to start overthinking the situation. The fact that they are still holding this board is a good sign if you ask me. I don’t think anyone should panic/ worry about it. Stay focused, stay positive, and let the process play out. If your as competitive as you can be you have nothing to worry about. Wishing the best of luck to everyone on this board!
I did think the same thing about still having a board. Is there more boards scheduled after this board?

jsd2

Highly speculative question: I'm on this board as well, but have just been offered a wonderful opportunity to do some work that would keep me busy until the first week of August or so. While I would love to accept the offer, I am also mindful that my doing so might coincide with admittance to OCS, and perhaps a start date before August. If that were to be the case, and my start date at OCS was in June or July for example, I would have to pass on the work offer.
Does anyone know the likelihood that selection dates for this board will be BEFORE August? Or is it more likely that those selected on this board will be slotted into classes starting later in FY20 and early FY21?