• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Infinitedouble

Hi, everyone! I'm waiting to see if I will be on this board. I have a pending age waiver in Millington currently. Not sure if I'm able to be on the board so long as the waiver is approved by the convene date or if I can't apply at all until it is.

OAR: 49
UGPA: 3.6
MGPA: 3.7
I have a pending age waiver too

Wiktoria

Weird question: how are you guys preparing physically for OCS? I've gained some pounds since I went to MEPS last and my push ups are terrible. That stay at home mom thing isn't working in my favour.

parkers18

Weird question: how are you guys preparing physically for OCS? I've gained some pounds since I went to MEPS last and my push ups are terrible. That stay at home mom thing isn't working in my favour.

Good luck! and your download the NOFFS app it will give you some exercises. check out https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/NSTC/otcn/ocs_physical_fitness.aspx .. just work on doing much better than your PRT requirements for passing. do lotsof running and strength training. During week one of OCS, you will be required to run 3 miles 3x that week.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Also interval sprints helps to improve your run time. I was able to cut over a min off my run by just by jogging 1/10 a mile then sprinting 1/10 for about two miles. I currently run my 1.5 in the 9s by I used to be in the 11s. good luck.

1812TC

For stay at home mom workouts, I would suggest an interval routine you can do in your living room. Squat curl presses, push-ups, air squats, wall-sits, crunches, sit-ups etc. get creative with it. Doing something is better than nothing. There are thousands of videos on Facebook and YouTube for stay at home mom routines.

sldm992

I try to go to the gym about 3-4 times a week. Sometimes I go less because of school/work keeping me busy. You can find cheap gym memberships almost anywhere and a lot of places stay open 24 hrs now so it is more convenient