• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

jsd2

The board rarely takes time to read those, it isn't hard to do the math as the board meets for 1 day, and in that day say review 200 applications. So often if they do it is because there is a waiver involved and they want to see what the person is like, and then the LOR's from people who have known the person for a long time are what counts.
Would you say then that its mostly OAR, GPA, and the motivational statement that get the most attention?

PDustin

Anyone has instructions to get to the Newport? (Like: the class start on 10 Feb, but what day should I be there and how to get there). My recruiter doesn't have any information for me yet. The only thing i know is I'm accepted for the program

Acsantosus

Anyone has instructions to get to the Newport? (Like: the class start on 10 Feb, but what day should I be there and how to get there). My recruiter doesn't have any information for me yet. The only thing i know is I'm accepted for the program
I would say wait for your OR to provide you with the information and your Original Orders (these will tell you everything you need to know). In the meantime watch some YouTube videos of people who have gone through the process. you can also google the address to the base as well as local airports if you are flying and map it out. If you found out you were PROREC-Y you should have by this point, been directed to go to the OCS website and review applicable information which will also answer a lot of these types of questions. Hope this information point you in the right direction.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I would say wait for your OR to provide you with the information and your Original Orders (these will tell you everything you need to know). In the meantime watch some YouTube videos of people who have gone through the process. you can also google the address to the base as well as local airports if you are flying and map it out. If you found out you were PROREC-Y you should have by this point, been directed to go to the OCS website and review applicable information which will also answer a lot of these types of questions. Hope this information point you in the right direction.

OCS orders for NRD applicants is not the same as you’d see as a fleet guy.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Your recruiter and/or processor should have a whole packet which includes travel, reporting info, etc.

Also, ask your recruiter to hook you up with an OHARP who can give you the inside scoop as well.

90% of the work should be on the recruiter here but there’s still the 10% on your end to take the initiative and ensure you are ready

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
I dont think that it is required, but I think that its helpful. Its a great way to give a short synopsis on changes to your packet. My recruiter made me type one up for my second application. Have you already submitted?
Can you message a copy of your reconsideration letter to me? I wrote a paragraph and added my enclosures with all of my updated documents.

sldm992

I don't see how you didn't get it last time. We got it this time.
I was told that if you had SWO as your 3rd choice, your package was essentially thrown out without being looked at. The board only considered packages who had SWO as #1 or #2. I had it as my 3rd option and was not selected but have now moved it up to my 2nd choice so hopefully that is the fix

Bags

Package Submitted For this Board:
AD: MM1/E-6 8.5 years
OAR:40
Applying for: SWO
Undergrad: BBA GPA 3.5
Grad: MBA 3.8
EVAL: EP MP P EP
Interview: 06 SWO 04 SWO 05 SWO 05 Supply= All Tens
LOR: O4 SWO 06 CO

What were you interviews for? I didn't have any in my packet.

Bags

Just sneaking in on this board.
Non-Prior
BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology
GPA: 3.155
OAR: 46
LOR: Employer, Friend-O1, Professor, Co-Worker

jlee199

submitted my package for the 10 FEB 20 SWO board. what do you guys think

GPA: BS in Criminology 3.35-3.45 (not yet graduated)

OAR: 53

letters of rec:
State governor
Former O-6 topgun instructor
Former SWCC

HSalt

submitted my package for the 10 FEB 20 SWO board. what do you guys think

GPA: BS in Criminology 3.35-3.45 (not yet graduated)

OAR: 53

letters of rec:
State governor
Former O-6 topgun instructor
Former SWCC
Your scores are definitely in line with those selected in previous boards. Hats off for the governor’s recommendation.

I just submitted mine as well with LORs from three O-6s and stellar interviews with four SWOs ranging from O-6 to O-3 as well as an O-3 from my command.

Everyone who has posted so far seems to be in line with previous successful applicants. I hope we all get good news later on next month.