• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 04 NOV 2019

Tacticalhusky

Yeah no kidding. I can't imagine trying to plan for something you have no idea when youll be leaving for (that could be a year away). I'm debating when I should put in my notice to my job but im scared now. I wanted to have two weeks to tighten up my PRT times and relax before I report.
I'm either waiting until I get my finsel, or until end of February. I need to break my lease and move everything back to my home of record, and I'm not trying to wait for solid orders for that, knowing I likely won't see them until the week before I leave.

Acsantosus

I was able to talk to Mr. Paul again today to get some information on class ups. He told me that the SWO requirement have in fact changed. This means the Navy has calculated to number of SWO that they want to hit the fleet this year based on those of us selected. The example he gave me was that if the Navy need 80 SWOs this FY they now only want 40 based on the number selected from previous board hitting the fleet. This does not mean they won’t change that requirement again but for not that’s what it is. He assured me that we would be classed up at some point this FY but could not assure an exact class date. I know this is not news that we want to hear but I figured I would pass along the information that’s being given to me from the fleet processor it might reduce the amount of repeated questions to the fleet processor (wishful thinking). I don’t know how this impacts the civilians or Sailors with later conditional release dates. I’m sure there are very knowledgeable people that could elaborate on their past experience with a situation like this.

Acsantosus

I also have a 01 February release date. So hopefully this a good sign that I should hear something soon, even if it’s a July class up.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Would you be able to clarify what you mean by this? What dates are the cut-offs? And what does it mean if you're pushed from FY20 to FY21?
I don't think it really means much In regards to affecting you. Just means your going to be graduating in FY21 instead of FY20. Also I believe the number of swos required for FY20 has been exceeded so they're moving FY20 selections over to FY21 which can lower quotas for future applicants. Just my guess.