• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 04 NOV 2019

parkers18

I was able to speak with Mr. Paul today and the news I got was not ideal. I was told that based on the number of SWOs that the Navy has selected over the last year and the process of trying to diversify the seats in each class, meaning having the available seats in a class meet the needs of the Navy for each community. SWOs should not expect to class up until late summer time (SUCKS!). But with that said because my command requested a FEB9 class up If someone drops or decides not to go, I could get a call to class up before then. Has anyone else AD heard any different?

This sounds like terrible news if true :/

parkers18

I was able to speak with Mr. Paul today and the news I got was not ideal. I was told that based on the number of SWOs that the Navy has selected over the last year and the process of trying to diversify the seats in each class, meaning having the available seats in a class meet the needs of the Navy for each community. SWOs should not expect to class up until late summer time (SUCKS!). But with that said because my command requested a FEB9 class up If someone drops or decides not to go, I could get a call to class up before then. Has anyone else AD heard any different?

Does this only apply to AD? should I assume my report date is still 1 Mar being that i'm a civi?

Acsantosus

Does this only apply to AD? should I assume my report date is still 1 Mar being that i'm a civi?
I would think so. The Navy has little risk of losing AD so they can push us back some. Civilians are more likely to explore other opportunities if pushed back (this is speculation). It really depends on needs of the Navy I guess.

parkers18

I would think so. The Navy has little risk of losing AD so they can push us back some. Civilians are more likely to explore other opportunities if pushed back (this is speculation). It really depends on needs of the Navy I guess.

Yeah true. I can see that.

exNavyOffRec

This has happened before, had a SWO select that waited over a year to go to OCS, several who's wait was 8 months, the average wait for quite a while was 4-6 months.

If by summer he truly means after the official date of summer starting then it sounds as if they have enough slotted for OCS to meet FY quota, if so that will affect not just AD but also civilians.

Acsantosus

This has happened before, had a SWO select that waited over a year to go to OCS, several who's wait was 8 months, the average wait for quite a while was 4-6 months.

If by summer he truly means after the official date of summer starting then it sounds as if they have enough slotted for OCS to meet FY quota, if so that will affect not just AD but also civilians.
He did make a comment about the “requirements changing and said to expect to go in late summer July/Aug time” so maybe they did meet the quotas for this FY. How will this impact the boards for the rest of the year?

Catman5211

That’s hard news too take. I spoke with him before the holidays and he told me that probably by April. I wonder what changed so suddenly. And there’s 2 more boards coming up before that time as well. It’s going to be a fight to get a seat now. Did he mention how or what order they would call in if they have open seats?

Acsantosus

That’s hard news too take. I spoke with him before the holidays and he told me that probably by April. I wonder what changed so suddenly. And there’s 2 more boards coming up before that time as well. It’s going to be a fight to get a seat now. Did he mention how or what order they would call in if they have open seats?
I’m guessing based on your commands requested release/ class up date but I’m not 100% sure how they pick the exact person to contact. I’m interested to see how the next boards are impacted as well. I wonder if they will just start selecting for FY 21. Trying my best to be optimistic reminding myself that I’m sitting on shore duty in Cape Canaveral FL. And things could be a lot worse lol.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

He did make a comment about the “requirements changing and said to expect to go in late summer July/Aug time” so maybe they did meet the quotas for this FY. How will this impact the boards for the rest of the year?

Last time I saw this they way over selected, so they put a halt to SWO boards, other times when this has happened they just reduce numbers selected at each board, however only NRC will know what they actually decide to do until they announce it.

Acsantosus

Last time I saw this they way over selected, so they put a halt to SWO boards, other times when this has happened they just reduce numbers selected at each board, however only NRC will know what they actually decide to do until they announce it.
Well either way I guess I should count my blessings on being selected and class up when the Navy is ready for me to class up.

BigRisk54

Wow, that’s some interesting news. Hopefully we will hear soon. I think my selection letter is on its way to my recruiting district, at least that’s how the processor there made it sound like. Hopefully that means every else will be hearing soon. Good thing we got selected when we did!

parkers18

Wow, that’s some interesting news. Hopefully we will hear soon. I think my selection letter is on its way to my recruiting district, at least that’s how the processor there made it sound like. Hopefully that means every else will be hearing soon. Good thing we got selected when we did!

Yeah no kidding. I can't imagine trying to plan for something you have no idea when youll be leaving for (that could be a year away). I'm debating when I should put in my notice to my job but im scared now. I wanted to have two weeks to tighten up my PRT times and relax before I report.

BigRisk54

Yeah no kidding. I can't imagine trying to plan for something you have no idea when youll be leaving for (that could be a year away). I'm debating when I should put in my notice to my job but im scared now. I wanted to have two weeks to tighten up my PRT times and relax before I report.
I imagine if they already told you that your date is the beginning of March you are good. Yeah, quitting your job might be tricky, but hopefully they understand. I plan on giving myself around 2 weeks in between my last day of work and when I leave to just relax.

parkers18

I imagine if they already told you that your date is the beginning of March you are good. Yeah, quitting your job might be tricky, but hopefully they understand. I plan on giving myself around 2 weeks in between my last day of work and when I leave to just relax.

I think 2 weeks is a must lol

Acsantosus

The feeling of the unknown is a feeling you have to get use to in the Navy, especially at a sea Command. Living by the Plan of the Day (POD) is the norm and is subject to change at any moment.