• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swiss Hornet Driver Wringing Out A Baby

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Pretty cool video of a Swiss Hornet driver.

When he is drifting ( I’m not a pilot, so I don’t know the proper terminology) at the top, and on the decent is he almost out of the flight envelope?

And how come you don’t see US pilots flying like this?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
What part are you talking about? Nothing I see in that video is particularly unique compared to the Hornet demo or in a lot of cases, things most of us have done in the jet.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
If you're talking about the initial over the top maneuver then he's just using the flight control software to induce pirouette logic, a common move for reorienting your lift vector in BFM.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
If you're talking about the initial over the top maneuver then he's just using the flight control software to induce pirouette logic, a common move for reorienting your lift vector in BFM.

A Tomcat couldn’t do that right? Due to less advanced flight computer, weight?

That was some it, how about the one time when he was losing altitude and wafering back and forth?

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Interesting how the Legacy Hornet's maneuvering agility suffers if at least one fuel tank attached? Not the case for entire Swiss fleet since all that country lays for just about 200 nm in every direction, no more. BTW, what they eventually decided to buy to substitude ageing C/D-models? F-35As?

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
Interesting how the Legacy Hornet's maneuvering agility suffers if at least one fuel tank attached? Not the case for entire Swiss fleet since all that country lays for just about 200 nm in every direction, no more. BTW, what they eventually decided to buy to substitude ageing C/D-models? F-35As?

IDK, but I bet your googler knows.?