• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supreme Court rules on NYSRPA vs Bruen

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Big win for 2nd Amendment rights! 6-3 in favor of shall issue for CCW.

Justice Thomas opinion; ‘the Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to carry a gun outside the home. New York’s “proper-cause” requirement to obtain a concealed-carry license “violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense’

Case was remanded back to the 2nd district to update their ruling consistent with the Supreme Court ruling.

Now we just gotta see how long, and how many lawsuits, happen against states who drag their feet to change their laws (here’s looking at you California…)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now we just gotta see how long, and how many lawsuits, happen against states who drag their feet to change their laws (here’s looking at you California…)
I am sure they will employ the creativity of da Vinci and the contortions of Houdini to find a way around the plain language.

Mirage

pilot
I am sure they will employ the creativity of da Vinci and the contortions of Houdini to find a way around the plain language.
The court allowed that states can create all manner of requirements in order to actually get a license (fingerprints, training, etc etc).

My bet is Cali and others will create ridiculous fees for each of many hoops they make people jump through in order to make it feasible only for the most determined and wealthy of folks (similar to getting a suppressor). No doubt the dept that processes this stuff will consist of 1 person paid to work as slowly as they can.

Random8145

All the screaming and hand wringing in the media and from the politicians is something to behold. One would think that Shall Issue wasn't already the legal setup in the majority of states in the nation.