• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Corps August 2020 Board...What are my chances?

Navyguy1995

Hi Everyone,

I am putting together an officer package for supply corps--I plan to submit my package for the August 2020 board. I graduated from George Washington University on December 2018 with a degree in business. Here are my stats
  • 25 years old
  • 53 OAR (first try but I'm considering retaking it for 60+)
  • 3.0 GPA (I took five 18 credit semesters my last two years at GW which caused my GPA to drop)
  • Summer internship at a law firm
  • Internship at defense contractor in DC during my senior year at GW
  • Currently working full-time at defense contractor
  • Mostly excellent PT scores
  • 3 Interviews ( (10) from a rear admiral supply, (9) from a supply captain, (8) from a supply commander
  • Recommendation from attorney, marine and A-school instructor

Any advice for how I can improve my package would be appreciated! I am hoping my work experience and OAR help counteract my low GPA. The defense contractor I work for has won a lot of contracts with NAVSUP.

exNavyOffRec

Hi Everyone,

I am putting together an officer package for supply corps--I plan to submit my package for the August 2020 board. I graduated from George Washington University on December 2018 with a degree in business. Here are my stats
  • 25 years old
  • 3.0 GPA (I took five 18 credit semesters my last two years at GW which caused my GPA to drop)
  • 3 Interviews ( (10) from a rear admiral supply, (9) from a supply captain, (8) from a supply commander
Any advice for how I can improve my package would be appreciated! I am hoping my work experience and OAR help counteract my low GPA. The defense contractor I work for has won a lot of contracts with NAVSUP.

OAR gets you to be seen, that is really about it.

PT scores don't matter, did you work for any of the people that did your interviews if not then the weight they carry is low and when you say (10) (9) (8) were those the grades they gave you?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi Everyone,

• 25 years old

Your GPA is a bit on the low side. Remember, supply is fairly competitive and you're going to compete against folks with higher GPAs AND OAR scores. Not to mention all the extracurriculars...

djatlas60

Hi Everyone,

• 25 years old
The Google Spreadsheet in here may be helpful.
Hi Everyone,

I hope this is alright to post this. Mods, feel to remove if not.

In my spare time I compiled this spreadsheet that outlines all of the application statistics from AirWarriors Supply OCS applicants (both non-prior and active duty) who have posted on the forum since 2014.

I hope to keep this spreadsheet alive for as long as I can, so please feel free to message me if you would like to be added or taken from the list.

Here is a brief summary of the data: As @RUFiO181, @Chop07 and @NavyOffRec have advised countless times before, competitive scores for those selected seem to be in the 55OAR and 3.5GPA range, with Business/Finance/Accounting majors heavily favored. It is a small community so this makes sense. Some have graduate degrees but most do not. Letters of recommendations from active-duty Senior Supply Officers (O6+) seem to be very beneficial to acceptances. No preference seems to be shown for equally qualified non-prior and active serving applicants.

I included, to the best of my ability:
  1. Age
  2. Whether PROREC Y/N
  3. Board Date
  4. Active Duty or Non-Prior Status
  5. Age
  6. OAR Score
  7. Undergraduate Degree Major
  8. Undergrad GPA
  9. Graduate Degree
  10. Graduate GPA
  11. LORs and from who
  12. Leadership Positions/Awards
  13. Notable other stuff (e.g. drug/age waiver? Previous DWI? if provided)
  14. Interviews and from who (Active Dute applicants)
  15. Average Age/GPA/OAR of those accepted and rejected
Here is the google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aKnchxVcP89JOf3vaith5onYwGO5HRGDf8nH-IzZNXA/.

As a major caveat to a sheet like this:
Supply OCS boards ascribe to the 'whole person' concept. In other words, while the GPA, OAR and a STEM/Business-specific major are important for a competitive applicant, there are other components that are also important. I was not able to gather a lot these 'whole person' attributes, especially considering I imagine they vary from board to board and most of us appling to OCS really do not know what was or wasn't important. For example, most people that I contacted about this sheet did not include some of their leadership or extra-curricular positions, or any extenuating (e.g. drug waivers) circumstances they were in. Also, this sheet does not exemplify the true acceptance rate (10-20%, depending on the given board), but rather those who come to this board and in general (IMO) are more prepared for the process.

Again, if, after looking over this file, you see that you are not on the file and would like to be (or vice-versa!), please do not hesitate to PM me with any of the above stats and I will take care of it right away. I PM'd many that I put on here but understand that many no longer check this forum.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and good luck with all of your applications should you choose to apply to this great community,
Ich

Tp351218

Hi Everyone,

• 25 years old
Did you get your package in and did you receive results yet?

BSchudel

Hi Everyone,

• 25 years old
If you haven’t already, I encourage you to apply to the Supply board. Along with the other helpful tips, never underestimate the value of a well articulated personal (motivational) statement. -Deputy Supply Corps Community Manager.