• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

summer student???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jqmonkey

batman_125.gif
I AM BATMAN

When in the BDCP program do you have to remain a full time student during the summer as well??? I might find that to be a bit difficult suring the summer at my school as courses offered are some what limited.

batman_125.gif
I CONTINUE WITH MY BATMAN LIKE STATUS

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
Do you have to submit what classes you are taking and when? I have an issue b/c I am currently a Co-op. I work every other semester. I am however considered a full-time student during the entire year AND I am technically taking a course while at work.

I know I just need to go and talk to a recruiter about this but I figured I would try and get some info from all the knowledgable people here.

Kobyra

NuSnake

When you get BDCP youll have to be taking a full course load in the fall and spring, no Co-op. Your commitment is to the Navy, not your Job.

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass all the time

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
They wouldn't mind one during the summer would they?

Its the only one I would have remaining once I got accepted.

Kobyra

P.S. I know my commitment would be to the Navy, the issue is that I currently have a contract and commitment to the company I signed up with.

tali264

They don't care what you do during the summer. You can sit in a chair and stare at a wall for three months. You can travel. Or you can work. Whatever. As long as you let them know where you are and how they can get ahold of you.

jaerose

Yeah, if it's during the summer vacation and doesn't take place during the academic year, then you'd be able to do that.

JR

jrklr

actually, you can take a Co-op during a semester as long as you show that you're getting college credit for it. I've read this more than once, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate

jaerose

Yeah, I just found out today in our collegiate training meeting that one of the NUPOC guys was doing a co-op...so you will probably be able to swing it.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.