• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Seminar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspy007

So i get back from spring break, all tired and nasty ( i was on an outward bound trip in costa rica) to find the greatest letter of my life sitting in my room...

I'M GOING TO THE SUMMER SEMINAR, im so freaking happy right now i just had to share......anyone else going to session 2??

FISH

Integer

Banned
The campus is nothing special. It's the people (students, faculty, staff, residents.) Actually, until I visited that place, people in military uniforms made me nervous! :eek: Now, they don't. (About time, too!)

It's been 40 days since that visit.

usunkmybship

I'm more dissapointed that I never got to go to any of the Candidate Visitation Weekends. You get to spend Friday and Saturday being passed around by a few mids and see how their life is. The agony.
Oh and have fun at the seminar but don't be too confident afterwards. They'll do their little kiddie boot camp but don't compare that to plebe summer. Plus some people who do go to SS don't always get accepted. But you do get a big head start, since you guys get your application packets there ( I got mine late September).

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Congratulations. Summer Seminar was a blast for me and I made friends out of it. But remember, they are only showing you the fun stuff (hence the nickname "summer scaminar")

usnafury

Hah, I just got back from the Seminar. It was AWESOME! I think my favorite day was Sea Trials/I-Night. Sea Trials actually was pretty hard. Well, the part at LeJeune Hall, anyways (the pool). My most favorite part was I-Night. Having to chop everywhere, brace up, know your rates. That kind of thing. I kept my eyes on the boat, and I got personally chewed out twice. (once for knowing a rate when no one else did and once for just being me.) :) I love it when the spit flies and gets all over my glasses. Anyways, it was tons of fun.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Candidate Visit weekend is also pretty awesome. You actually stay with a youngster, but I also hung out with the plebes in the company. It gives you such an awesome insight into how the academy runs on a daily basis.

Those cannonball runs were pretty cool too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.