• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summary of NFO flight school

Aquonox

Just rolling along
None
My experience was/is this:

- Start of Primary 1: June 2013
- End of Primary 2: February 2013
- Start of FRS: March 2014
- Winging: September 2014

That includes weather delays, government shutdown, lack of aircraft, etc., plus a land-based FRS schedule.

Joey H

My experience was/is this:

- Start of Primary 1: June 2013
- End of Primary 2: February 2013
- Start of FRS: March 2014
- Winging: September 2014

That includes weather delays, government shutdown, lack of aircraft, etc., plus a land-based FRS schedule.
With your experience in land based where was your rags on I'm guessing p-8? And where did you end up at after frs?

Whitefoot

None
do we know to which squadron we are going after FRS before we get to the FRS or is that something you find out after you get there?

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
Gonna revamp this post a little bit:

For those of you in the know, when it comes to NFO, what are the needs of the navy for the near future?

browntown

A few silly questions about the NSS. I did a lot of searching but the information I found seemed ambiguous (as to whether it just applied to SNA or to SNFO as well) and/or potentially outdated.

Does IFS performance factor into the/an NSS at all?

Is there a separate NSS for each stage of training? I assume so since it’s based on performance of prior classes, but I’ve also read that API grades factor into the/an NSS which seems to imply it’s a singular score comprised of multiple training stages.

Is there a cutoff NSS for NFO in order to not be attrited from training? It appears this is the case for SNA but I’m not sure about SNFO.

Is there a minimum NSS needed to be eligible to select carrier aviation? Again I know this is the case for SNA but not sure for SNFO. Don’t worry, I won’t ask what percent do so. :D

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Ugh-
(worrying about the absolute wrong things)

Dude, control the things that you can control and don't worry about the rest. Selection, timing, NSS, needs of the Navy, what IP you pull, where you go to primary- these are the things you can't control. So don't worry about them.

Study, be a good dude, know the FTI, chair fly- these are the things that you can control.

browntown

I thought about adding in a disclaimer that I fully know it's a complete waste of time to put one iota of brain matter towards anything regarding NSS (or anything past OCS selection and preparation at this point, for that matter). :D I understand and agree completely, and realize that those kinds of questions rub people the wrong way and might reflect poorly on me for seeming to put the cart 5,000 miles before the horse. It's just sheer curiosity, not something keeping me up at night. Your points are definitely noted and appreciated!

Last edited:

ATIS

Swanee = "shack"

Control what you can (your grades by studying), your working relationship with your classmates and IP's (aka...don't be a douchecannon), and play when it's time to play in P-cola (meaning don't always think about SNFO). Your grades will keep you competitive, but needs of the Navy and timing will determine where you go. Happy or sad by the path given to you in the short term...realize you have little control over that.

ATIS

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A few silly questions about the NSS. I did a lot of searching but the information I found seemed ambiguous (as to whether it just applied to SNA or to SNFO as well) and/or potentially outdated.

Does IFS performance factor into the/an NSS at all?

Is there a separate NSS for each stage of training? I assume so since it’s based on performance of prior classes, but I’ve also read that API grades factor into the/an NSS which seems to imply it’s a singular score comprised of multiple training stages.

Is there a cutoff NSS for NFO in order to not be attrited from training? It appears this is the case for SNA but I’m not sure about SNFO.

Is there a minimum NSS needed to be eligible to select carrier aviation? Again I know this is the case for SNA but not sure for SNFO. Don’t worry, I won’t ask what percent do so. :D

You should probably worry more about getting selected and OCS than this right now...