• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summary of E-2C RAG (FRS)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is any if this gouge still relevant? Selected E-2Cs today. Super stoked to have a platform and move forward. I was part of the legacy syllabus fwiw.
Well E-2s are still relevant, so I would think most all the gouge here is also. Locate an active E-2 type, and get the latest dope.
BzB

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I just got winged recently out of VAW-120. For the most part this gouge is still relevant. Only big difference is that we are no longer doing Near Collision Intercepts on the winging flights. Just 15 AIC's. There is also an Intel phase before Tactics and after wings, but I'm not sure what it entails. I realize this is a few years delayed but in case any new guys are wondering.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got winged recently out of VAW-120. For the most part this gouge is still relevant. Only big difference is that we are no longer doing Near Collision Intercepts on the winging flights. Just 15 AIC's. There is also an Intel phase before Tactics and after wings, but I'm not sure what it entails. I realize this is a few years delayed but in case any new guys are wondering.

The FRS stopped teaching an irrelevant, antiquated technique? I'm honestly shocked.

Duncan Idaho

I like cheese.
None
You guys are making me feel OLD. Winged at -120 in... '98.
Looking back on my careers (Active, Reserves, and civilian) I'm damn glad I went Hummers. The breadth of experiences and understanding of not just the airwing but the entire strike group has been awesome.