• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Suez off limits?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

Got his off of Carrier Aviation News, an unofficial site, and I haven't heard it anywhere else, so I don't know how concrete it is.

quote:November 1st: The Suez canal has been put off limits to all US Navy ships. No ships have past through it since October 12. Most ships will now have to pass the Cape adding a week to the voyage. It will also pose problems when switching assests between the Med and the Gulf.

Now I understand why this would be put in affect in the wake of the Cole bombing. Keeping ship out of canals and straits like the Suez where they may be vunerable sounds like a good idea, but isn't that the whole goal of bombings like the Cole and other terrorist attacks against US military assets overbroad in the first place, to dictate through violent attacks where we can and can't go?

D

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
That's what I heard on CNN...

I think, tho, that this is a temporary move and we'll be back to using the Suez once the Middle East dies down a little.

Phoenix

Ok, the remark you just posted Beau, was, mildly said, rasistic. I´ve just come back from a trip to one of those countries and I haven´t noticed any "fucked up" people there. You have to know, that there is a difference between the ordinary "country folk" and islamistic extremists (I sure hope I wrote correctly). Ok, so there are people down there, that would qualify as mentally ill at least, if diagnosed by a qualified psychiatrist, but that DOES NOT give you the right to just call millions of people that you´ve probably never seen in your life "fucked up". There are 20 to 30 thousand extremists in that entire region at the most. Compared to literally hundreds of millions of people that live their lives honestly and have never done any harm to ANYBODY, that´s a VERY small number, not to mention that the United States have interfered where they shouldn´t have too many times. That´s the reason you have such a big military: your diplomacy sucks! Ok, I have to agree with you, the extremists are a BIG problem for the entire region, that I think everyone agrees should be exterminated, but most people just want peace and you do them no good by talking about them in such a fashion. I´m sorry for critisizing (is there an S or a C?), but that´s just my opinion.

Regards, Andre

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

beau

Freedom of opinion is what makes this country great and I respect yours. I made the remark based on what I've learned through my family. My father, a Naval Aviator, was in for twenty years. He made several (4) Med. cruises to which he landed in that area. He has vacationed in 6 middle eastern countries. My sister, has spent 6 weeks in Serria for a overseas class for her University.
I believe another thing that makes this country great is freedon of religon to which alot of these countries do not have. The separation of church and state here, in the United States, makes sure that a political action is not based on religous belief. In a country with out this freedom, the government has the power to kill other people in the name of who ever. Most all the people believe that they will get a free ticket to heaven if (even if) they kill a non-believer(someone who believes any other religon).
I do believe they have stronger family values then most other cultures and have a strong sense of history and tradition. Thats all nifty and swell, but I believe their 'system' and mindset is inheritly screwed up.
I don't mean to sterotype the middle east in that way but for the most part, that is the truth. I do not think middle eastern people are any worse than we are. Therefore my original comment was not racsistic, but a mear sterotype. Just like I think most Democrates are out of their freakin mind.

Finch

Phoenix

Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit. Anyway, about the off limits policy; I don´t think they´re gonna stick to it for a long time. By doing that, the terrorists would achieve exactly what they wanted. Anyway, I´m not an American, but how come every American I meet thinks, that the Democrats are out of their minds ?

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Dave Shutter

I disagree strongly. Y'see, if they were out of their minds then that would imply that they were insane and therefor unconscience of their actions. No, they know exactly what they're doing at all times, like most criminals!

D

Status
Not open for further replies.