• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Submarine to Aviation Lat transfer...

sub2pilot

I may be able to get a Flag LOR and I've been thinking about that, any ideas on how much that will help?

Anyone out there ever sat a lat transfer board that could offer some information? Thanks!!

MasterBates

Generally, if a board says "DO NOT SELECT ABOVE YGXX"

They are not going to.

Unless you want to pay Flag Officer poker and see if your 2 star beats their 2 star..

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Generally, if a board says "DO NOT SELECT ABOVE YGXX"

They are not going to.

Unless you want to pay Flag Officer poker and see if your 2 star beats their 2 star..

A 3 or 4 star LOR will cure a lot of flaws in any package - and in the OP's case if it could address the NJP that would be an enormous help.

Bevo16

pilot
s2p,

I am looking at the LOI for the June board (it's pretty much the same for all of them), and you can't even apply to the board.

Paragraph 2.e. "For submarine officers and nuclear trained surface warfare officers:
(1) Submarine officers must have completed a tour as a submarine department head or be senior to those assigned.

You can link to it here:

http://www.npc.navy.mil/Boards/Administrative/ActiveDutyTransferRedesignation/

Sorry. Blue to green looks to be your only play. Either that, or try and right the ship on your current path.