• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

jwang9009

It doesn't really matter. You make enough money at OCS to cover everything, and you don't pay off your uniforms until the very end. So unless you're paying some crazy amount of rent on an apartment back home or something like that, you'll leave OCS with more money than you arrived with.
Do we get a stipend for the uniforms? Should I expect 3500 will come out of the pay at OCS to cover for uniforms?

iangrider7

Reading through 100s of pages of this forum and google searching as much as I could I keep finding conflicting answers on this. I know we are issued running shoes and the official OCS website's packing list says we need to bring a pair of our own runners as backup, but can that backup pair be used for RLP? Or is that now done away with and we're now only allowed to use our issued running shoes for RLP? From what I've heard (and from obvious conclusions) our issued pair will get pretty thrashed and dirty. If we can use the shoes we brought for RLP inspections I'd think I should get a brand new cheap pair from Walmart instead of bringing running shoes I have that are already slightly used. Can anyone who's been to OCS super recently shed any light on this?

Meyerkord

pilot
Reading through 100s of pages of this forum and google searching as much as I could I keep finding conflicting answers on this. I know we are issued running shoes and the official OCS website's packing list says we need to bring a pair of our own runners as backup, but can that backup pair be used for RLP? Or is that now done away with and we're now only allowed to use our issued running shoes for RLP? From what I've heard (and from obvious conclusions) our issued pair will get pretty thrashed and dirty. If we can use the shoes we brought for RLP inspections I'd think I should get a brand new cheap pair from Walmart instead of bringing running shoes I have that are already slightly used. Can anyone who's been to OCS super recently shed any light on this?
I went through last year and we used the issued shoes for RLP. The staff knows that you use them daily and no one got any hits unless you stamped them wrong or they weren't flush to the edge or something like that. Just make sure whatever shoes you're using don't have any rocks or mud or anything like that on them. No one is expecting them to be shining like new, and there are much bigger fish to fry for RLP.

iangrider7

I went through last year and we used the issued shoes for RLP. The staff knows that you use them daily and no one got any hits unless you stamped them wrong or they weren't flush to the edge or something like that. Just make sure whatever shoes you're using don't have any rocks or mud or anything like that on them. No one is expecting them to be shining like new, and there are much bigger fish to fry for RLP.
Okay great. Didn't know if perfectly clean shoes would be a huge deal or not. Thanks for the quick reply!

McPeek33

Right now they just roll into H until they pass, although I suspect that might change soon.

They started on class 09-19 when I was a Candio that if you fail any 2 parts of the IST you get sent home. If you fail 1 portion, you roll to H class. I imagine that rule will stick until H class is not 45 strong

Dr. J

API
They started on class 09-19 when I was a Candio that if you fail any 2 parts of the IST you get sent home. If you fail 1 portion, you roll to H class. I imagine that rule will stick until H class is not 45 strong
Damn, H class is rolling that deep with people now? I thought it was big when we had 20.

Scimitarze

Automated Member
Still can’t believe that many people are coming to OCS out of shape.
Yea

From experience, how out of shape are they usually? Do they come in just passing the minimum score at home without the stress expecting for that to carry over to the IST, or are they out of shape completely?

My dad said back before he even shipped out to AOCS, they had to pass a physical test.