• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Kbcyclist

Hey everyone,

Recent OCS grad. Graduated in May of 2020 with 10-20. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Just want to be helpful to anyone going soon, or considering it.
Thanks for posting--do you happen to have a current chain of command (sans items 1-4; 12-16)? I've built one out but a cross-check before it's fully memorized would be a great help.

Thanks for posting--do you happen to have a current chain of command (sans items 1-4; 12-16)? I've built one out but a cross-check before it's fully memorized would be a great help.

Unfortunately, they changed the new chain of command structure literally 2 weeks before I left, and I didn't have a need to memorize it, as all of my events that I would have needed it for had already passed. I can see if I can reach out to some of my friends that are current candies and see if they have it.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
If you memorize everything else in Bravo, when you class up, memorizing the chain of command should come easily in the time you have before RLP.

Fitzou

Those of you that are AD, did you see anything pop on BOL before the results were released like typical Selection boards?

Brand0034

For recent SNA grads I’ve seen they haven’t been getting OHARP and sent straight to Pensacola. Is this still the case? And are you actually classing up or just required to be in Pensacola but hanging out? Trying to plan what it’ll be like finding a home to rent and purchase a new vehicle without OHARP or downtime.

flgator92

None
For recent SNA grads I’ve seen they haven’t been getting OHARP and sent straight to Pensacola. Is this still the case? And are you actually classing up or just required to be in Pensacola but hanging out? Trying to plan what it’ll be like finding a home to rent and purchase a new vehicle without OHARP or downtime.
I checked into Schools Command a little over a year ago, at the time SNAs were being given three full months of OHARP. SNFOs were being sent pretty much direct to NASP. I don't know if that has changed based on fleet demands, but it may have been in a year. Get on SNA/SNFO housing swap facebook page to look for housing on the cheap.

Brand0034

I checked into Schools Command a little over a year ago, at the time SNAs were being given three full months of OHARP. SNFOs were being sent pretty much direct to NASP. I don't know if that has changed based on fleet demands, but it may have been in a year. Get on SNA/SNFO housing swap facebook page to look for housing on the cheap.
I’m on the housing swap and have been looking but it’s still early since I don’t go to OCS until August and those change weekly. On this forum I’ve seen several SNA’s say they report directly to Pensacola after OCS due to COVID, so trying to see if that’s still taking place and how things are working. I know there’s always been a wait to class up and OHARP was used to offset that, so curious what we’re actually doing going straight to Pensacola and if it’s similar to OHARP with lots of downtime to get settled.

I’m on the housing swap and have been looking but it’s still early since I don’t go to OCS until August and those change weekly. On this forum I’ve seen several SNA’s say they report directly to Pensacola after OCS due to COVID, so trying to see if that’s still taking place and how things are working. I know there’s always been a wait to class up and OHARP was used to offset that, so curious what we’re actually doing going straight to Pensacola and if it’s similar to OHARP with lots of downtime to get settled.

As of now, ALL SNA's are directly PCS'ing from OCS in Newport to Pensacola. No OHARP

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Any idea if they’re classing up or what duties are like?
If you’re validated (ppl) you’ll be thrown into water survival and then api (or NIFE probably by the time you’re here). If you’re not validated, it’ll be a long while of standing watches before you get to water survival or NIFE. I’m currently in API and waited 6+ months (after 3 months of OHARP, and the 6 Dec shooting delayed the process) to start IFS. I would start worrying about finding housing during the end of your Candio phase of OCS.

Zafeki

Hey everyone. I am due to leave August 2nd (hopefully) and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on best luggage choices? I will be flying from Florida and was considering a 50L Duffel bag or potentially a fairly large roller luggage. Either bag will hold the amount of gear that I will be taking but I wanted to ensure it is easy to store once I arrive and large enough to bring back any gear I accrue while in Newport. Any advice? I also plan on bringing a small 25L backpack for my carry on items. Thanks!