• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

alec0811

Do they play anchors aweigh and the marines hymn a lot for us to memorize? Or is it worth memorizing prior to ocs?
Nope. You have to memorize it yourself. Our class would recite it every night at passdown so that helped us greatly. And yes, it is very worth memorizing. You'll need it for OPI

alec0811

Same question, but for the 8 Watchstanding Principles
Yes. Learn everything. You do not know who will inspect you, and they can ask you anything. One of my friends rolled because all they were asked was the watchstanding principles and he didn't know any of them

A-Aron

Yes. Learn everything. You do not know who will inspect you, and they can ask you anything. One of my friends rolled because all they were asked was the watchstanding principles and he didn't know any of them
Holy crap! Ok, time to start studying furiously.

A-Aron

I guess this social distancing is not such a bad thing. At least now when the DIs “get in your face” to chew you out, their saliva won’t end up on your face. ?

Infinitedouble

How's it going guys?

I just graduated from OCS on April 17th with class 09-20 and designated as SNA.
If you guys have any questions about the program, I can definitely help you out. My gouge is fairly new and regarding the COVID situation, a lot has changed while I was there.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations on your commision. Did any thing change with the swim? Is there still group PT, where we get to run 3 miles 3 times a week? What other significant modifications have been made due to the pandemic? Thank you.

alec0811

Congratulations on your commision. Did any thing change with the swim? Is there still group PT, where we get to run 3 miles 3 times a week? What other significant modifications have been made due to the pandemic? Thank you.
Nothing changed for the swim besides that only groups of 10 at a time do the swim qual. Everything is the same with PT except social distancing is enforced. Also, you won't be running 3 miles until you hit your second phase of training. Pretty much only groups of 10 will be going anywhere (class, chow, drill, etc). Chow hall procedures are pretty much extinct and masks are to be worn at all times besides chow and PT.

Infinitedouble

Nothing changed for the swim besides that only groups of 10 at a time do the swim qual. Everything is the same with PT except social distancing is enforced. Also, you won't be running 3 miles until you hit your second phase of training. Pretty much only groups of 10 will be going anywhere (class, chow, drill, etc). Chow hall procedures are pretty much extinct and masks are to be worn at all times besides chow and PT.
Thank you.

Brand0034

Can we wear compression shorts at OCS? At MEPS they said anyone wearing compression shorts wouldn't be seen, but they didn't say anything to me. These are direct quotes from OCS packing list.
Required:
"Men are authorized to wear boxer shorts or knitted brief styles"
Recommended:
"Compression shorts"
Pic for reference since I can't find a clear answer online.

AULANI

Can we wear compression shorts at OCS? At MEPS they said anyone wearing compression shorts wouldn't be seen, but they didn't say anything to me. These are direct quotes from OCS packing list.
Required:
Recommended:
"Compression shorts"
View attachment 25634
You can wear anything you want at OCS as long as you don't get caught.

Required:
Recommended:
"Compression shorts"
View attachment 25634

Yes and highly recommend.

TKDiggles

The OCS website says that I need to bring my wife's actual birth cert and social security card (photo-copies not allowed) among other things in order to get her enrolled in DEERS. I'm AD right now and she is already enrolled here at my current duty station. Do I actually need to bring any of these things?