• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

AULANI

Not necessarily true. OHARP managers will only place you somewhere that you have ties to, like family living there or where you went to college/were recruited out of. There's also the cost of living to consider: You only receive Transitory BAH while on OHARP (so about $800), which is regardless of zip code. While this doesn't explicitly rule out anywhere, it would put a serious strain on your finances if you're going to a traditionally expensive area like San Diego, or San Francisco.
How is that person going to know whether or not you have "ties" to a certain place? It's no-cost TAD orders.

JimIII

For OCS graduation, during what months is the service dress white uniform used and what months is the service dress blue uniform used?

Brand0034

Is appendix bravo only for RLP, or is there a written exam on it as well? I’m just wondering how it will be structured.

Code of conduct, general orders of sentry, chain of command, and watchstanding principles are straight forward just ask a number. But for ranks will they just ask “O-3 title and collar device”, the reverse “two silver bars on collar in navy means”, or show a picture and ask what rank this means.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Is appendix bravo only for RLP, or is there a written exam on it as well? I’m just wondering how it will be structured.

Code of conduct, general orders of sentry, chain of command, and watchstanding principles are straight forward just ask a number. But for ranks will they just ask “O-3 title and collar device”, the reverse “two silver bars on collar in navy means”, or show a picture and ask what rank this means.
Just for RLP, but the knowledge can be asked in 6th and 8th week inspections. They can ask it forwards and backwards, but basically: give me name, rank, collar device, and shoulder board of your chain of command etc.

emcee1

It’s all verbatim. Whatever the Bravo verbiage is, that’s how you need to say it. They will ask it out of order and in different phrasing to trip you up.

Brand0034

It’s all verbatim. Whatever the Bravo verbiage is, that’s how you need to say it. They will ask it out of order and in different phrasing to trip you up.
Yea I have it all memorized verbatim, I was just more curious on the structure of examination and questions. If there’s a written exam as well and if they ask “0-5 Navy collar device/shoulder board/sleeve insignia” or would show a picture or ask “what rank in Navy has two silver bars”.

AULANI

Yea I have it all memorized verbatim, I was just more curious on the structure of examination and questions. If there’s a written exam as well and if they ask “0-5 Navy collar device/shoulder board/sleeve insignia” or would show a picture or ask “what rank in Navy has two silver bars”.
THEY CAN MAKE YOU DO WHATEVER THEY WANT...

You might have to recite a f***ing haiku about the Navy's Core Values all while doing 1000 burpees.

Danielle29

Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading every thread out there and looked at the official Facebook for OCS but I’m not finding THE answer to my question(s).

Basically waiting to be called up for MEPS because I’ve done everything required but with the pandemic that we’re all experiencing right now, I’m not sure what is up with my application at all. How is this affecting my application? Is the boards not meeting at this moment or am I at hold overall? And for how long?

All the threads I’ve read upon is about OCS applicants already accepted and about to shipped or already in RI. But that’s not my case.

Any and all inputs is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Basically waiting to be called up for MEPS because I’ve done everything required but with the pandemic that we’re all experiencing right now, I’m not sure what is up with my application at all. How is this affecting my application? Is the boards not meeting at this moment or am I at hold overall? And for how long?

Have you asked your recruiter any of these questions? They know your application / where you’re at in the process more than random people on the internet.

Short answer: It depends.

My doctor gave me a prescription for omeprazole (Prilosec), for my infrequent heartburn, so that I am not paying $20 a box.

Negative test for GERD, but I don’t want the Navy to look at me funny by bringing the prescription to OCS. Should I just pick it up otc when I get the chance while there? Or bring a note from my doctor describing the infrequency, no underlying condition, etc?

Or do they not really care about prescriptions as long as it is to you?