• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Aodemile

Hey, I report to OCS March 22, I have a question about pay. I was wondering if I can split my direct deposit to two different bank accounts, I would like to use Navy Federal for saving and my current for my current expenses, is this allowed? (I was going to post on the thread for pay but it seems like it's not very active)

Ancalagon

Hey, I report to OCS March 22, I have a question about pay. I was wondering if I can split my direct deposit to two different bank accounts, I would like to use Navy Federal for saving and my current for my current expenses, is this allowed? (I was going to post on the thread for pay but it seems like it's not very active)

Yes, you can set up custom automatic deposits that way, but you might need to wait until you get out of OCS or have computer access in order to set that up.

GmoneyAl88

I wear contacts and don’t have glasses. I know I’ll get glasses at OCS, but is it a problem if I show up to OCS without glasses? I don’t want to spend money on glasses if I don’t need to.

parkers18

I wear contacts and don’t have glasses. I know I’ll get glasses at OCS, but is it a problem if I show up to OCS without glasses? I don’t want to spend money on glasses if I don’t need to.

You wont be able to use your contacts until later. If you cant see without lenses, you will need to get a pair to get you through until your navy issued glasses arrive..

mmhoang1

My stupid questions are probably going to win me stupid prizes... I am active duty, and I submitted an OCS package in December. My eyes are 20/40 which is the limit. However, I am worried that my vision might worsen due to fatigue and get me disqualified. I probably should have had PRK a year ago through the Navy, but I suck, didn't plan ahead, and was always deployed. When is the physical during OCS? And will I have to go to NAMI in Pensacola at some point like civilian applicants? Lastly, has anyone had PRK surgery after being Pro Rec Y?

Riem2080

I'm currently in college, graduating in June. Does this mean I won't get my FINSEL until after I send a final transcript in? Or is it possible to receive a FINSEL while I'm still in school?

parkers18

I'm currently in college, graduating in June. Does this mean I won't get my FINSEL until after I send a final transcript in? Or is it possible to receive a FINSEL while I'm still in school?

you wont get your FINSEL until at least 2 weeks, if not later, before your report date.

Chris94

CWO selected
Can anyone who's been recently through OCS talk a bit about the sleep schedule? Especially those first few weeks. I can't find anything about that. Thanks in advance.
LOL what is sleep? You'll be waking up at 0445 (if you want to be ready by reveille). Taps is at 2200, but hygiene starts at 2100 so you can technically go to sleep after 2100.

Chris94

CWO selected
Id just wait and deal with it there man. Seriously. You may be taking pain meds everyday, but only for 13 weeks lol
I'm scheduled to report to Newport 01 MAR. Over the course of my physical prep, an old hamstring injury is coming back with a vengeance. I can do the minimum PRT stuff with lots of rest and foam roller/lax ball stretching. Anything after 2 miles is extremely painful and my progress has really plateaued since I've been experiencing this pain. I'm starting to panic because of course my PCM can't see me for a few more weeks and I don't think i have enough time for adequate physical therapy, if they don't sandbag the whole referral process. Should I start asking for a later class? Would I be able to roll to H-class and get physical therapy or would I be dropped completely?
Try to get a later class date. You don't want to roll into H because of an injury or because you can't complete a physical evolution. If you take longer than 30 days to heal up they'll send you home. Try to get a later class date and get healed before you leave.

parkers18

LOL what is sleep? You'll be waking up at 0445 (if you want to be ready by reveille). Taps is at 2200, but hygiene starts at 2100 so you can technically go to sleep after 2100.

What exactly is "Taps"? Is that a lights out signal or something ?

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
What exactly is "Taps"? Is that a lights out signal or something ?

Really.?

What planet are you from, did they have TV, movies, books, have you ever read any military books?

This has to be the dumbest question I’ve seen on here yet.?

I find it hard to believe someone who wants to be a Naval officer doesn't know what TAPS is, please don’t tell us your family has a military heritage.

parkers18

Really.?

What planet are you from, did they have TV, movies, books, have you ever read any military books?

This has to be the dumbest question I’ve seen on here yet.?

I find it hard to believe someone who wants to be a Naval officer doesn't know what TAPS is, please don’t tell us your family has a military heritage.

#1, Is this not what this thread is for?

#2, either answer my question, or keep your mouth closed and keep it moving. I had an idea and wanted to make sure i was correct. no need to be an asshole.