• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

LoLo

Clown
Stupid Question:
Can Priors wear their top three ribbons for inspections, or do they have to go with their full ribbon rack?

AULANI

Stupid Question:
Can Priors wear their top three ribbons for inspections, or do they have to go with their full ribbon rack?
The only person who knows how many ribbons you have is you. Just wear the ronald mcdonald one. Less things they can hit you on during uniform inspection.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Maybe that's a new rule. Nobody cared before. We had SEALs with only one ribbon. They didn't even wear their tridents.
It might be class team dependent, I’m not sure. Our SEALs wore their full rack, tridents, and parachutist wings. A lot of our priors had to get new ribbon racks as well.

flgator92

None
It might be class team dependent, I’m not sure. Our SEALs wore their full rack, tridents, and parachutist wings. A lot of our priors had to get new ribbon racks as well.
Surely it is. At the end of the day, they won't know what ribbons you earned unless they pulled your personnel record -- which they won't. I'd say just go with full rack to be safe, though. Can't go wrong with that.

gogged

Has anyone had experience with OHARP living in a remote area? I'm 300+ miles from the nearest officer recruiter. Just curious if I'll be sent back for OHARP or straight to Pensacola. I asked my recruiter, but he hasn't experienced anyone out as far as me.

flgator92

None
Has anyone had experience with OHARP living in a remote area? I'm 300+ miles from the nearest officer recruiter. Just curious if I'll be sent back for OHARP or straight to Pensacola. I asked my recruiter, but he hasn't experienced anyone out as far as me.
Any reasonable recruiter, I'd imagine, would just make you phone muster and maybe help out with anything in your area if need be. My OHARP was really far away so I didn't do it. I just went straight to Pensacola. If you have a no earlier than date, that might be a problem however.

Dontcallmegump

pilot

I was out of NRD Seattle and my one way commute was 100 miles to the HQ.

There were 2-3 other stashed ensigns there and the LT divo who was responsible for us only required me to phone muster. He only gave me a few rules, dont get fat, dont get a DUI and dont touch people where they pee without permission. Everything else was free game.

I was the go to guy for chatting about OCS though, if someone wanted to pick my brain I was supposed to give them my time.

Only one person wanted to talk, they were given my number and never called. :rolleyes:

Who knew the Navy gave summer vacations?

Meyerkord

pilot
I was out of NRD Seattle and my one way commute was 100 miles to the HQ.

There were 2-3 other stashed ensigns there and the LT divo who was responsible for us only required me to phone muster. He only gave me a few rules, dont get fat, dont get a DUI and dont touch people where they pee without permission. Everything else was free game.

I was the go to guy for chatting about OCS though, if someone wanted to pick my brain I was supposed to give them my time.

Only one person wanted to talk, they were given my number and never called. :rolleyes:

Who knew the Navy gave summer vacations?
Sounds like my OHARP experience as well. Texted my recruiter every morning to check in, and maybe talked to 1 or 2 people about OCS. And I was 5 miles from the office :D Best 3 paid month vacation ever