• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

When can I say I’m officially in the Navy? Before or after OCS?

Edit: before as in when I swear in

Edit: I think I just answered my own question

Last edited:

PontusPilot

Contributor
Thanks for looking at my post. I recently applied for SNA and SUPPO on February 5th and February 18th. My last recruiter told me I was not picked up for either designator. It was a bummer, but glad I still have a chance to work on my package and resubmit for another board.

The weird thing is my last recruiter I had said I needed to re work my package, and get new letters of recommendation. Once I got that done she said I can resubmit to a new board.

The hang up now is that I have all my new stuff she told me to get, but my new recruiter says I have to wait a full year before I can apply to those designators again.

I have mainly used this website my last recruiter recommended to prepare for Navy OCS, Official Navy OCS websiteand can’t seem to find any updated guidelines that tell me I have to wait a year. If anyone can give me some insight that would be awesome.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for looking at my post. I recently applied for SNA and SUPPO on February 5th and February 18th. My last recruiter told me I was not picked up for either designator. It was a bummer, but glad I still have a chance to work on my package and resubmit for another board.

The weird thing is my last recruiter I had said I needed to re work my package, and get new letters of recommendation. Once I got that done she said I can resubmit to a new board.

The hang up now is that I have all my new stuff she told me to get, but my new recruiter says I have to wait a full year before I can apply to those designators again.

I have mainly used this website my last recruiter recommended to prepare for Navy OCS, Official Navy OCS websiteand can’t seem to find any updated guidelines that tell me I have to wait a year. If anyone can give me some insight that would be awesome.
@NavyOffRec @RecruitingGuru

Rocki

ENS/SNA
You won't be doing that at OCS. The only swimming you'll be doing is your 3rd class swim squal, which consists of jumping off a 12ft platform, swimming 50m, and prone floating for 5 minutes.

Thank you for the response, I was actually looking forward to a swim, either way thank you for the information.

Meyerkord

pilot
A full mile in a flight suit if I recall from someone who posted before.
That's part of the water survival class, which happens before API now. It's about a week long, and you practice swimming and treading in various amounts of gear. Swimming in API is a lot more fun IMO because you get to practice underwater egress, how to land in the water with a parachute, rescue hoists, and inflating your gear. The helo dunker was easily the most fun day of API.

YahtzeeWildcat

My recruiter said they didn't do that in OCS... oh well I can do everything else physically... I stand up quick I blackout ... so I'll just pass out it'll be fabulous