• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

AULANI

Ok read this and many threads... Question is I am a single mom applying to OCS... Trying to plan for my kids when I can talk to them... What types of communication and liberty can I plan for... For them to see me? I have a 4yr old that I'm a little worried about...
You'll get to start making phone calls after RLP. Prior to that you can send/receive letters only. Once you become a senior officer candidate you can have visitors see you on the quarterdeck on Sundays. Once you reach candio phase you'll have liberty and you can see them on the weekends. You'll also get your phone back during this phase so you can do the FaceTime thing.

When I went through OCS I had 3 kids all under the age of 6 so I understand your concern. They did like getting letters from me though. Usually I would tell them about all the animals I saw on base. Once I could FaceTime with them it was much better. 12 weeks goes by much faster than you think. Good luck!

YahtzeeWildcat

You'll get to start making phone calls after RLP. Prior to that you can send/receive letters only. Once you become a senior officer candidate you can have visitors see you on the quarterdeck on Sundays. Once you reach candio phase you'll have liberty and you can see them on the weekends. You'll also get your phone back during this phase so you can do the FaceTime thing.

When I went through OCS I had 3 kids all under the age of 6 so I understand your concern. They did like getting letters from me though. Usually I would tell them about all the animals I saw on base. Once I could FaceTime with them it was much better. 12 weeks goes by much faster than you think. Good luck!
Thank you... Want to prepare them for what is to come... Just went thru very difficult divorce and kids are in a hard place...

AULANI

Thank you... Want to prepare them for what is to come... Just went thru very difficult divorce and kids are in a hard place...
Pictures get taken throughout OCS as well and posted on their Facebook page (I think). Your kids will be able to see you as you progress through your training.

In my class we lost all of our females (except one) the first week, they either DOR'd or were rolled. The one that made it all the way through was the only mom. Moms are tough.

John Jovi

Good day to all. I submitted my Fleet OCS Package last Friday. I recieved an email saying that it is being review my OCS medical. How long does it take for them to review it and submitted to the board? I dont have any issue during my physical exam. I am just anxious right now.

Yoshigram

Thank you. From what I have been told, I should not expect OHARP following OCS graduation (CEC).
Does anyone know for OHARP, do you always go to your home of record? What if you have dependents living at the previous duty station you were at before going to OCS?

Meyerkord

pilot
For SNAs and SNFOs, how common were NPQs after the physical at Newport?
OCS knocked out maybe 2 or 3 from my class. Some anthro, some medical, etc. After that, assuming no one has said anything to you yet, you should be fine. Unless you're very tall or very short, and you haven't developed some medical condition, you're chances of getting the boot are very low.

Meyerkord

pilot
I’ve never been happier to be 5’9”

Anthro is sitting height, right?
It's a few different things. Sitting height is included, but the biggest ones people get DQ'd for seems to be butt-to-knee length or arm length. Too short and you can't reach all the controls. Too long and you could lose a limb if you end up needing to punch out. Again, if you're relatively normal sized you should be alright.