• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

SM60

Waverider
None
Aside from the official list on the OCS website my unofficial list includes:

-Sleeping bag (what for?)
-Painter's tape
-Headlamp
-Clear nail polish
-Good iron

That's where the thread about what to bring ends and it takes a left turn. Any other recommendations?

Also I won't have a car for the first few weeks of OCS, but after the holiday break I should have it back. Is the procedure the same to register the car when I return to Newport? Or because I didn't register it when I first arrived does the procedure change? (searched this one didn't come up with anything)

Thanks!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

-Painter's tape
-Headlamp
-Clear nail polish
-Good iron

That's where the thread about what to bring ends and it takes a left turn. Any other recommendations?

Also I won't have a car for the first few weeks of OCS, but after the holiday break I should have it back. Is the procedure the same to register the car when I return to Newport? Or because I didn't register it when I first arrived does the procedure change? (searched this one didn't come up with anything)

Thanks!

The way it worked in pcola was our chief issued us a temp. pass until our graduation date. The gate guard may give you a visitors pass good for a day or two in the meanwhile. Shouldn't change no matter when you have your car there. Just talk to your chief when you bring your car back.

Nose

pilot
-Painter's tape
-Headlamp
-Clear nail polish
-Good iron
Thanks!

It's been a while but let's see:
- Condoms (2-3 dozen)
- 10-15 gallons of kerosene
- 3 Live roosters
- Minimum 12 issues of "Jugs" magazine
- DVD of Barbara Streisand concert
- Video Camera
- George Michael Poster (Caution: DO NOT substitute "Wham" poster!!)
- Copy of Magna Carta
- Nordic Track
- Plasma TV w/ home theater setup
- If you will be there over Christmas, presents for everyone in your class (except Jewish guys - get them 12 presents each)
- Pledge furniture polish
- Halo 3
- Shower shoes (flip-flops)
- Hair Gel

Good Luck!
Nose

PS Yeah, I'm being a smart-ass but the point is there is only one thing you really need and that one thing will get you through OCS. If you have it, you don't need anything else. If you don't have it, you are screwed. Do I need to tell you what it is?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Im sure the energy is there, maybe just not the time...well depending on how long you've been there I guess.

red1323

Expect to spend a good bit of money. Most of it will be on uniforms and it isn't due until the end of your OCS time which really isn't as far away as it seems.

E2Cougar

NFO
None
A sense of humor is good. A cell phone is important as well as a phone card. A laptop isn't a bad idea as long as you don't mind leaving it in your car until candi-o phase.