• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

waterandwind15

MEPS will probably need to hear/see that, but in terms of an SF-86, that shouldn't impact getting a clearance.
Definitely, I already have the forms to send them, but guess I was worried if they cross reference MEPS paperwork and see that and say “hmmm, why didn’t he report this before at MEPS” I’m definitely being overly cautious haha.

number9

Contributor
I am working on getting a waiver for adhd meds and the waiver form does ask for IEP, 504 and any work or academic accommodations, so I’m wondering if that is something I was supposed to be asked and was missed or something. Maybe I’m reading way too much into everything and being paranoid. I’m worried that if it does become an issue I would be bared from Military service entirely since I know being dishonest at MEPS is a major no-no.
I'm not sure how they would find out about your academic accommodations - I would think that information is protected? They're not going to show up on your transcript.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure how they would find out about your academic accommodations - I would think that information is protected? They're not going to show up on your transcript.
Since accommodations are due to ADHD and that is medical MEPS can see it, they can pretty much see anything where any medical professionals are involved.

number9

Contributor
Since accommodations are due to ADHD and that is medical MEPS can see it, they can pretty much see anything where any medical professionals are involved.
I understand that MEPS will be able to see it (e.g. through Genesis), but I can't imagine how they could see it via the school.

exNavyOffRec

I had an accommodation during grad school and it is not listed anywhere on my transcript.
But there should be documentation on the medical side where a doctor recommends accommodation which then brings in the school to do the accommodation and then for the waiver they want to see if that resulted in any change of grades.

skyandsea_amber96

Looking for advice on getting boots before OCS after reading errant ensign. I have seen posts on Belleville 800 STs. Looks like those are men and the only female pair I see on Belleville's website is the F495 ST. Anyone know if I should just size down for the 800 STs or what are they looking for to make the boot adhere to any regulations? I've also heard about Rocky... Just trying to give my feet the best of the best and have heard of the horror from Bates.. TIA

BDavis11

Contributor
Looking for advice on getting boots before OCS after reading errant ensign. I have seen posts on Belleville 800 STs. Looks like those are men and the only female pair I see on Belleville's website is the F495 ST. Anyone know if I should just size down for the 800 STs or what are they looking for to make the boot adhere to any regulations? I've also heard about Rocky... Just trying to give my feet the best of the best and have heard of the horror from Bates.. TIA
Just size down. Or order both and return what u don’t like. 800 is the way to go. I’m normally a 12 but always got 11.5 in those boots

skyandsea_amber96

Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy Belleville boots prior to OCS. They are on a 120+ day backorder to order from the Belleville website. Not that I like buying clothing on Amazon, but most sizes are available on Amazon with prime.

jacobsolo

I got the 495s because they fit me better than the the 800s. Also for my class no one formally looked at and approved the boots of those who brought some. Instead we had to go ask ourselves. So if your boots are steel toed, black, and look like everyone else’s I say use them and don’t question it.

waterandwind15

This may be a dumb question but should I be telling my recruiter I’m switching recruiters? I found a new recruiter and am meeting with him next week to transfer my paperwork over. Do I need to tell my recruiter I’m doing this in order to move the paperwork over? I assume that the polite thing is to tell him I’m moving it all over but could this have any ramifications like could he tell the new recruiter that i was bothersome and preferred him or anything?