• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I understand about the bone, or other injuries you might get while in OCS, TBS, etc. I was wondering about the other ones like vision, etc.

Would the initial physical to qualify for the contract be as thorough as the one you take before entering flight school? I am worried that you might be able to pass the requirement to obtain an Air Contract and get DQ'd by the Navy Flight Physical before training.

You'll get a comprehensive physical by a flight surgeon. Most people go to NOMI in Pensacola. You're nuking it. Don't worry about it.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I understand about the bone, or other injuries you might get while in OCS, TBS, etc. I was wondering about the other ones like vision, etc.

Would the initial physical to qualify for the contract be as thorough as the one you take before entering flight school? I am worried that you might be able to pass the requirement to obtain an Air Contract and get DQ'd by the Navy Flight Physical before training.

It has happened to people before, but I wouldn't say it's something you should be concerned about.

cblack

On land-based operations, are their any callouts in the cockpit during the takeoff roll(ex: "Eighty Knots-Thrust Normal" or "V1")? I know this probably only geared toward P-3s, E-6Bs, C-40s and the like.

MasterBates

"On takeoff call Airspeed Alive, 50, 80, Go at 113, Rotate at 121" is a semi-standard spiel for me. Tweak the 113 (v1) and 121 (vr) for environmentals.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Running it up to 85%, tapes are good, oil's good, hyds good, IPI's good, no warnings, no cautions, wiping it out. You ready?"
"Looks good on my side."
"Off the brakes, MRT, there's 9X percent . . . airspeed's alive. 80 knots. High speed. Good line speed. Everything looks good . . . going flying."

or some semblance thereof.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Ours is similar......80% checks on the brakes, wipeout, check hyds and IFEI. Rolling, full blower, "9's, 8's, 7's, nozzle swings, oil pressure, good hyds" quick check of the FCS page, 100 kts for low speed abort, then high speed abort and rotation numbers. Not sure how the fleet does it, but that's what we learn in the RAG