• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

If you mean strict like, near a cutoff, yeah they are strict as shit. I missed sitting height by 1/8” and they cx my SNA spot. You can find the old anthro tables online somewhere If you google hard enough, but the current numbers are kept under lock and key by the flight staff to recent people from trying to slouch and game the system...

What was your sitting height? That is the one my uncle was worried about for me when he mentioned it all. Knows I want the back seat in a growler but being 6ft doesn’t help.

My friend in the AF was 41” sitting and was told no fighters for him. Mine is around 38”

Last edited:
Also and more a curiosity question as none of the links are opening for me, but does a 2-seater have different anthro requirements for the front and back seats? Or are they the same?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You have to fit in the T45, which is smaller than the F18. It doesn't matter which seat you're in.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Also and more a curiosity question as none of the links are opening for me, but does a 2-seater have different anthro requirements for the front and back seats? Or are they the same?

Take a read through this, it'll answer everything you can ask about anthro limits.

Attachments

• 3710.9D.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 52

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
What was your sitting height? That is the one my uncle was worried about for me when he mentioned it all. Knows I want the back seat in a growler but being 6ft doesn’t help.

My friend in the AF was 41” sitting and was told no fighters for him. Mine is around 38”
As of API measurements I am 39.72” sitting height. I am 6’6” tall. I missed the cutoff for the TH-57 and thus lost my two pipeline minimum eligibility. I could switch to NFO because of jets/e2/big wing, e2 NFOs don’t train in the T45 like pilots do.

Maybe when they get around to replacing the TH57 in a few years I’ll see where I’m at in my career and if a switch is something to look into.

Last edited:

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Aviation and wresting are the only two things I’ve ever done in my life where being a short, squat troll was an advantage.

I bet my friend was feeling the same way. He’s 6’2” ish I think and his sitting height is taller than me as a 6’6” guy. Both went through redez together.

As of API measurements I am 39.72” sitting height. I am 6’6” tall. I missed the cutoff for the TH-57 and thus lost my two pipeline minimum eligibility. I could switch to NFO because of jets/e2/big wing, e2 NFOs don’t train in the T45 like pilots do.

Maybe when they get around to replacing the TH57 in a few years I’ll see where I’m at in my career and if a switch is something to look into.
Sorry you lost out on T-45 and TH57, I’m guessing the cutoff was 39” and 39.5” respectively? Or is the T-45 38”?

Last edited:

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Sorry you lost out on T-45 and TH57, I’m guessing the cutoff was 39” and 39.5” respectively? Or is the T-45 38”?
I missed out on the 57 because of the 39.5 cutoff. I made peace with no jets when I was 16 lol. I’m not sure what the chopping point is for the 45. But that fuzzy blurry chart is the best thing I personally found as well when I was transitioning so if you can squint hard enough to see the last sitting height green bubble you can get an idea.

Still got my wings though, and in the platform I originally wanted (VP) albeit with one more anchor... Been working out so far so I can’t be too salty I guess.

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Alright. Two questions.

Is the Hawkeye hard to bring back to the boat?

Also, for the F-35 Pilots on here, was it hard to transfer from center stick from the Charlie hornet to the F-35?