• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’m assuming those are DH jobs? Is the AIO usually a DIVO under the Tactics/Intel DH?
Depends on the community. ADP is a new JO job on the VAQ side, and we don’t typically have a tactics/Intel DH unless there are extra O-4s floating around. The AIO usually works as a divo under OPS unless there is a tactics DH, although the AIO will mostly work with the training officer on a day to day basis.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Tactics and ADP (N2/6) are paired in our SORM. AIO is under N2, and our ADP had a divo, along with EKMS/CSM/PID O’s.

When we did the January 1301, it was kinda weird with the manning, so while Tactics went to the new DH, I kept the ADP side and all of CSD, and dissolved the ADP Divo job. Just didn’t have the bodies, and didn’t really need one at the time.

I think the next 1301 will fix a lot of that, hoping to go back to how the SORM was written.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Tactics and ADP (N2/6) are paired in our SORM. AIO is under N2, and our ADP had a divo, along with EKMS/CSM/PID O’s.

When we did the January 1301, it was kinda weird with the manning, so while Tactics went to the new DH, I kept the ADP side and all of CSD, and dissolved the ADP Divo job. Just didn’t have the bodies, and didn’t really need one at the time.

I think the next 1301 will fix a lot of that, hoping to go back to how the SORM was written.
ADP, SORM, AIO, CSM, PID... all shit I’ve never heard of. You guys should create acronyms for your acronyms, but do it navy style with stupid acronyms using parts of whole words. COMINCHACROHORSEJACKRONPAC

Huffs09

None
To what extent does the coast a squadron is on determine their deployment location? For example, would a west coast squadron exclusively deploy to 7th fleet? Are all the 5th fleet deployments nowadays going to east coast squadrons?

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chuck, I know every post of yours implies an underlying stupid question, but please post in the correct thread.