• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Studying for OAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaz_hands777

I just took my OAR and scored a 36 my next test is in 30 days any tips or sources to better study. Anything helps!!! Thank you!

DonDannyPR

I just took my OAR and scored a 36 my next test is in 30 days any tips or sources to better study. Anything helps!!! Thank you!
This is weird I took mine today and also scored a 36. Although I only had a week to study since I was finishing school last Sunday.

nicken

I bought an OAR study guide from amazon and took some practice tests before taking the real one.

I don't like to throw savage words but I feel like I have to say this. If you're asking people how to study this exam...that just proves you're not an officer material. There are no shortcuts to get better on this exam. You just need to practice.

Jaz_hands777

I bought an OAR study guide from amazon and took some practice tests before taking the real one.

I don't like to throw savage words but I feel like I have to say this. If you're asking people how to study this exam...that just proves you're not an officer material. There are no shortcuts to get better on this exam. You just need to practice.
I appriciate your honesty but I have 2 study guides and took practice test before hand. I'm looking for someone to point me in the direction of a study they thought was helpful. Im not looking for a shortcut just more help to better my testing score. I'm obviously going to keep studying, thanks for the comment it's only going to fuel me to do better

Jaz_hands777

This should help a bit

thank you! I saw this and wasn't quite sure if it was a similar test or not, Thanks for your help!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Im trying but the search forum comes up as no result. I'm still searching, if you dont want to help then dont be rude and dont reply

There is a whole FORUM dedicated to the ASTB/OAR. It’s not being rude, it’s a wake up call to learn how to use your resources... especially as you try to become a naval officer.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hi, @DonDannyPR & @Jaz_hands777, without knowing your specific degree (tech majors do better than non-tech), GPA (did you party too much in college?), how much you actually studied for the test (1 week? 1 month? Serious study? or casual?), and a littany of other variables, it's hard to point at one thing and say that's how to do better.

I've said this before. Treat the ASTB as you would an SAT/ACT or a job interview....study your ASS OFF! What to study? Others have said it: Gouge, Prep books, take a math class, tutors, practice test....the list is long.

As yourself one question: "How badly do I want this?" your answer will tell you how hard you need to study.

Good luck. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.