• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Study Guide Help - OAR Math Portion

Jose1993

Hello everyone,

Currently, I'm studying to take the OAR soon at Great Lakes in June. I'm applying for the Surface Warfare program and my recruiter advise I should aim for a 50 at minimum. I've been searching for the best study materials of the math portion of the exam. I focused on reading Kaplan's GRE Prep 2020 and also read Trivium OAR Study Guide 2020-2021, and Test Prep Books ASTB.

I'm conflicted, however, on what math subjects I should study primarily. Some readings had their strengths on the coverage of the possible exam subjects. I want to be fully prepared before the deadline. Will anyone be able to share their notes and reading materials they found online? Also, is there a PDF copy of Barrons Military Flight Aptitude Tests book I can loan? I saw people recommend it but I'm limited on funds at the moment since I'm unable to find a job due to the pandemic.

Thank you all for taking the time to assist me as well as your service to our country. Please be safe and healthy during this situation.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone,

Currently, I'm studying to take the OAR soon at Great Lakes in June. I'm applying for the Surface Warfare program and my recruiter advise I should aim for a 50 at minimum. I've been searching for the best study materials of the math portion of the exam. I focused on reading Kaplan's GRE Prep 2020 and also read Trivium OAR Study Guide 2020-2021, and Test Prep Books ASTB.

I'm conflicted, however, on what math subjects I should study primarily. Some readings had their strengths on the coverage of the possible exam subjects. I want to be fully prepared before the deadline. Will anyone be able to share their notes and reading materials they found online? Also, is there a PDF copy of Barrons Military Flight Aptitude Tests book I can loan? I saw people recommend it but I'm limited on funds at the moment since I'm unable to find a job due to the pandemic.

Thank you all for taking the time to assist me as well as your service to our country. Please be safe and healthy during this situation.

Do yourself a favor and search around the ASTB forum to find everything you need to know about the exam.