• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Stuck at OTCN, disqualified from aviation and forced to go SWO or to DOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The reality of my situation is that while I really don’t want to go SWO at all (also will be kinda sad when I see an F18 fly by), but I don’t exactly have a solid backup plan if I were to DOR.
For the sake of your future Sailors, peers, and chain of command, DOR.

Also, your screen name demonstrates some poor headwork.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all, thank you for providing such in depth feedback!

I’ve been doing some pondering and I’m still kinda stuck in the middle (I know what the right decision is though) but you guys have provided some great points that I will help my decision. I’ll go ahead and PM some of y’all.

The reality of my situation is that while I really don’t want to go SWO at all (also will be kinda sad when I see an F18 fly by), but I don’t exactly have a solid backup plan if I were to DOR. I do want to be an officer and build my leadership skills sl I feel that this opportunity would definitely set me up for good positions outside of the Navy. At the moment, I’m trying to see if I can figure some kind of plan out but I may just embrace the suck and make the best of it

If you choose to go SWO, DO NOT bring this mentality to your first ship. You will instantly become "that guy" who Sailors and Wardroom members alike will disrespect you for.

Also, you're not LeBron James. No need to "publicize" or make a big deal about your "decision". No one will care here.

Rockriver

pilot
Also, your screen name demonstrates some poor headwork.
Excellent example of “attention to detail” by RecruitingGuru on this one.

Your screen name appears to be internet slang for “Fight me in real life faggot.” If this is truly the case, poor headwork is an understatement. You’re trying to become a naval officer!

Mos

None
OP, you probably made your decision by now, but you just saw why it's probably best that you had DOR. It takes very little for Navy officers to turn on you. Best of luck either way.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It takes very little for Navy officers to turn on you.
What?

Look, this guy comes in here with a douchebag screen name and essentially says 'I don't really want to be a SWO, convince me to stay in the Navy.' He didn't use those words exactly, but that's effectively the point of this thread.

Being in the Navy is hard work, and for a junior SWO 20 of those 56 hours of sleep are mostly displaced by working on qualifications and random other tasks to keep themselves busy and figure out how to do their jobs effectively. If OP isn't committed enough to be able to show up every day with a smile on his face in front of his men like he's having the time of his life, he's better off doing something else.

This isn't 'turning' on him, but simply pointing out the obvious.

Mos

None
What?

Look, this guy comes in here with a douchebag screen name and essentially says 'I don't really want to be a SWO, convince me to stay in the Navy.' He didn't use those words exactly, but that's effectively the point of this thread.

Being in the Navy is hard work, and for a junior SWO 20 of those 56 hours of sleep are mostly displaced by working on qualifications and random other tasks to keep themselves busy and figure out how to do their jobs effectively. If OP isn't committed enough to be able to show up every day with a smile on his face in front of his men like he's having the time of his life, he's better off doing something else.

This isn't 'turning' on him, but simply pointing out the obvious.
It's a screen name. Not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.