• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stretching/Sit-reach

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
T rex arms or not... it is ALWAYS possible to touch your toes. When I was heavily into tae kwon do, I could do the splits and touch my forehead to my knees. If that's what it took, and you wanted to pass the sit and reach, you'd do it. ;)
+1. Just stretch more often. It's not like stretching is a strenuous physical activity or anything.

badger16

None
quick tip for when you are actually doing the PRT. curl your toes back when you do the sit and reach. That's what I was told by the Candi-o's when I was an indoc and I told the class I indoc'd the same thing. It's only a little bit but sometimes that is all you need. It's only 10 seconds just hold it and deal with the pain. Good luck though!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Anyone have any tips for quickly improving flexibility for the sit-reach? I've been stretching for months, and while I've made a lot of progress, I still can't really touch my toes. On my PRT for selection, I just pulled as hard as I could and did it (and I'm lucky I didn't hurt myself), but I've heard that at OCS you have to be able to hold it. Has anyone actually rolled/failed for not being able to pass the sit/reach? :confused:

I've never been able to touch my toes, ever. Really. (spine issues at L4/L5) - Got a waiver in API - and got waivered from ever having to complete that part of the PRT during my entire Navy career.

Run and push ups , no problem, but the sit reach was physiologically impossible for me.