• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stinky's Reserve Saga/Blog/Helpful Hints

Puddlz

Where's the head?
pilot
773 has been helping me out through the whole process...they're sending in my application within the next week or so. They're requesting a huey transition for me.

Puddlz

Where's the head?
pilot
Typical paperwork drill. 773 joined me on Nov 15th. I keep hearing AR, AR, AR....like they're trying to sell it to me. Anyone got two cents on the AR program? If it's such a great deal why haven't I heard of it before, and why aren't people flocking to sign up?

phrogpilot73

Typical paperwork drill. 773 joined me on Nov 15th. I keep hearing AR, AR, AR....like they're trying to sell it to me. Anyone got two cents on the AR program? If it's such a great deal why haven't I heard of it before, and why aren't people flocking to sign up?
I heard the same spiel when I joined 774. AR isn't a bad program, and if you're the primary breadwinner (I'm not) or you don't have a totally sweet civilian job, then it's worth looking into. Same pay/benefits as AD, only the rest of your life is spent with reserve units.

As a pilot - all the career progression bullshit that the AR monitors will tell you about is out the window because they're so undermanned. In the Phrog world, you bounce between 774 and 764 every three years. Of course, all that's changing - and our AR guys that are too senior to transition are staying right here in Norfolk. Chances of getting promoted past Maj are slim, but you're flying the whole time. Really the only downside (which much like the rest of reserve world is also an upside) is that you sign three year "contracts". So if your intent is to stay 'til 20, they can tell you to GFY because of budget cuts at the end of three years. However, if you get fed up and realize there's a REASON you left AD, then you can do your three years, then tell THEM to GFY and revert back to SMCR.

You've never heard of it, because you were never in the reserves. It's just not advertised that much, although I think there was a MARADMIN recently about it.

phrogpilot73

773 has been helping me out through the whole process...they're sending in my application within the next week or so. They're requesting a huey transition for me.
Haven't read the thread in a while, but welcome to the squadron, and BACK to the Phrog brother... ;)

For the unwashed masses - Puddlz is in the process of affiliating with us, vice 773... Long story...

Oh, and for TRACOM gigs - because the "grey aircraft" squadrons are undermanned, the new guidance is that a reservist can't spend more than 3 years in orange and white land... Just a heads up.

Puddlz

Where's the head?
pilot
Haven't read the thread in a while, but welcome to the squadron, and BACK to the Phrog brother... ;)

For the unwashed masses - Puddlz is in the process of affiliating with us, vice 773... Long story...

Oh, and for TRACOM gigs - because the "grey aircraft" squadrons are undermanned, the new guidance is that a reservist can't spend more than 3 years in orange and white land... Just a heads up.

I just saw this Stinky! I was looking for Global War on Error Gouge on Google and air warriors popped up. Haven't been on here in almost two years.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just saw this Stinky! I was looking for Global War on Error Gouge on Google and air warriors popped up. Haven't been on here in almost two years.

Apparently not, in that time Phrogpilot73 has left the forum unfortunately.