• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Status of IRR Correspondence Courses? Anyone left?

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
I completed a couple of good years at Naval War College. I recommend that route. And to my recollection you do not need a CAC card to apply online as they are a .edu domain.

snake020

Contributor
I completed a couple of good years at Naval War College. I recommend that route. And to my recollection you do not need a CAC card to apply online as they are a .edu domain.
CAC is required for the admin side of NWC, which includes requesting enrolment. Once enrolled, the courses themselves are hosted on Blackboard and do not require CAC.

Bjschneid76

pilot
So far no luck and/or no response from Navy, Army or Air Force colleges admin/helpdesk, on getting through the front gate without a CAC card. I have been in contact with the funeral honors coordinator and it appears you can still complete this duty while in the IRR. I will let everyone know if it gets credited after the first one, but this seems like the best option so far. (No physical required (which can take a year!), no VTU, no CAC needed). Hope its not to good to be true. Thanks everyone, will keep you posted.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor

m5h9

The waitlist for NWC now is very long, could be up to 18-24 months for reservists as they receive a lower priority than url and active duty counterparts. Also, they have recently changed the program into ~5 shorter blocks.

subreservist

The waitlist for NWC now is very long, could be up to 18-24 months for reservists as they receive a lower priority than url and active duty counterparts. Also, they have recently changed the program into ~5 shorter blocks.

Didn't understand what you meant about the shorter blocks and decided to check out the NWC website. Yuck! Mixed about these new adjustments. Probably good for the college, as I'm sure it's a nightmare keeping track of the old way of business. It took me several years, with long breaks in between to finish the 3 courses.

The commitment to stay in the course continuously for the better part of a year is going to be tough on the student. And only offering 4 courses a year at 20 students each? In spite of the "commitment", some will drop. Will probably make JPME a more exclusive club.

Glad I'm done with it!

subreservist

Further reading, you can still drop and reenroll, as long as you complete the block. Stills seems painful...I was fortunate to do some of the 2 week reserve courses. More fun and actually got to spend some time at the NWC.

subreservist

Be careful if you plan on using NWC JPME to pad your points. While I'm certain they will still provide points for completing the new Naval Command and Staff Program, it may not be the same points as before. The course is now 10 months in one course, vice 18 months done with 3 courses. With this reduction in length, I would think it would also be a reduction in points.