• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stand down

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
So what are your squadrons doing for the DCA-mandated standdown day? Is this going to be just another a snap-safety standaround or is the Corps actually trying to make something substantive out of this?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure the first person notified about the stand down was the media, followed by the squadrons. Or maybe that's the cynic in me speaking..,

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
NHHC owns over 1300 aircraft across the country... Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them raided for parts.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
VMFA needs to:
1) fix airplanes (O level, I level, depot, boneyard... all levels)
2) improve maintainer skills (wrench turning, not tobacco cessation and BBQ safety)
2) increase pilot proficiency (simulator or fly)

Anything done to get in the way of that will decrease safety. But I understand that the Generals can't just not do anything. The world just doesn't work like that. Being counterproductive is better than doing nothing when you wear stars.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
VMFA needs to:
1) fix airplanes (O level, I level, depot, boneyard... all levels)
2) improve maintainer skills (wrench turning, not tobacco cessation and BBQ safety)
2) increase pilot proficiency (simulator or fly)

Anything done to get in the way of that will decrease safety. But I understand that the Generals can't just not do anything. The world just doesn't work like that. Being counterproductive is better than doing nothing when you wear stars.
So have you had your stand down yet? If so, what did you do?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
2d MAW pushed down some stuff. Wing Safety and Wing Stan are both down to earth guys (I went to CRMI with Wing ASO, and Wing Stan is a former CO) and have provided the DSS world with some good topics and good SIRs for discussion. There is some suicide stuff as well, which has reared her ugly head lately.

However, I'm out in 3d MAW realm right now. We'll see what they do on Tuesday.