• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA Personal Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_loc

I am currently getting my package together and all I have left to do is to complete my Personal Statement yet I am having a bit of a hard time trying to write it. At the moment I have done approxiamately 50 rough drafts, and was wondering if maybe someone might have a format or a copy of their own that I may get a glance at to get an idea of what exactly I need to do. I hope that someone can help me with this before 01Jul03. Thank you very much.

schmuckatelli

t_loc,

I am a div-o and just helped one of my AO3s put together his STA-21 package. Our squadron's ESO had a packet of information that she passed out to all STA-21 hopefuls. I think the most important thing about the personal statement is to emphasize how your becoming an officer will benefit the Navy and to not make spelling or grammar mistakes. Obviously if you get accepted it will benefit you and the board knows that so you don't need to waste time writing about that. Also, keep your statement to about a page. It doesn't need to be super long, just long enough to get your point across. Remember, the board gets thousands of applications a year so you want yours to stand out from the rest. Ask your LCPO and div-o to proofread it once you are done just to double check for small mistakes. Good luck!

t_loc

Thank you for the help and words of encouragement, and I'm sure I will need all the luck that I can get.

phrogs

lemme see if i can find the one that I had with my package. If I do I'll email it.

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

phrogs

Found a copy of my package. I'll email you a copy of the personal statement. I was selected under the FY98 STA Program. I don't know, but the format may have changed by now. schmuckatelli hit it right on earlier. Make sure to have multiple people look it over, even if it's just for grammer and spelling. Be confident, and honest. If you can make it in a short (the board looks at a lot of them) that's a plus, but you have up to a full page if you need it. Good luck.

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

phrogs

oops I don't have your email address. Send it to me and I'll email a copy back.

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

phrogs

After reading the application instruction for STA-21, it has changed quite a bit. They are asking for a few specific things. Leadership qualities, what you can do for the Navy, and of course SPELLING AND GRAMMAR still apply though. check out the top of page 8 here
https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/opnavinst1420_1a_chap8.pdf
Also the instruction is very specific as to how your package is put together....pay ATTENTION TO DETAILS specified in the instuction..... I can still hear the echo of attention to detail from OCS

Phrogs 4 Ever!!!!

t_loc

Finally got my statement done! It only took about 17 drafts.....LOL thanks to everyone who helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.