• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Selection Rates

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Well, I copied all of the prior years' NAVADMIN's into an Excel file and importe them so I could sort by the Program Option...

FY08 - >700 Applicants, 210 Selectees, 57 Alternates
Core=48
CEC=4
IW=4
Intel=4
Medical Corps=2
NFO=20
Nuclear=40
Nurse=16
Pilot=40
Spec Op=4
Spec War=4
Supply=2
SWO=20
SWO/IP=2

FY07 - >750 Applicants, 200 Selectees, 59 Alternates
Core=38
CEC=5
IW=6
Intel=8
NFO=30
Nuclear=40
Nurse=17
Pilot=35
Spec Op=6
Spec War=4
Supply=1
SWO=10

FY06 - >800 Applicants, 207 Selectees, 75 Alternates
Core=30
CEC=5
IW=6
Intel=7
NFO=26
Nuclear=50
Nurse=20
Pilot=39
Spec Op=6
Spec War=4
Supply=4
SWO=10

FY05 - >1100 Applicants, 186 Selectees, 56 Alternates
Core=30
CEC=3
Crypto=6
Intel=8
NFO=5
Nuclear=70
Nurse=20
Pilot=23
Spec Op=3
Spec War=4
Supply=4
SWO=10

FY04 - >1600 Applicants, 400 Selectees, 86 Alternates
Core=218
CEC=5
Crypto=10
Intel=8
NFO=13
Nuclear=60
Nurse=20
Pilot=42
Spec Op=3
Spec War=4
Supply=2
SWO=15

FY03 - >1400 Applicants, 431 Selectees, 167 Alternates
Core=216
CEC=4
Intel=8
NFO=14
Nuclear=55
Nurse=17
Pilot=42
Spec Op=2
Spec War=4
Supply=9
SWO=60

FY02 - >1400 Applicants, 327 Selectees, 140 Alternates
Core=171
CEC=5
NFO=6
Nuclear=50
Nurse=13
Pilot=24
Spec Op=1
Spec War=2
Supply=6
SWO=49

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Do you have the # of FY applicants also?

According to the Selection Result NAVADMINs:

FY06 - 800+
FY07 - 750+
FY08 - 700+

Seems like fewer and fewer sailors are interested in this program each year, which is troubling because it is such a spectacular opportunity!

CECboundFC

Cec

Those CEC numbers are upsetting. I applied this year Fy08 and did not get accepted. In order to apply again in FY09 I will have to re-enlist. Although the outlook is not so good on getting selected with those numbers. I wonder if there is a way to find out how many applicants where for CEC.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
Those CEC numbers are upsetting. I applied this year Fy08 and did not get accepted. In order to apply again in FY09 I will have to re-enlist. Although the outlook is not so good on getting selected with those numbers. I wonder if there is a way to find out how many applicants where for CEC.

If you need help with your FY09 package feel free to PM me. I got a helpful guide to support you with.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor

Did you apply CORE also, or strictly CEC?

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I really don't know how the selection boards selected. I got alternate for the FY08 Pilot but I applied for Core and Pilot. It seems that they wanted me to make pilot or nothing ;) Anyways if I don't get picked up this year, I should have a good chance to submit next year.

Truth being told and I don't say this as a bragging right or anything. I went into my MO's office and told him that I had a plan to submit my package for the FY09 board. He told me that I needed to do it asap and well... we only had 3 days. So the whole thing was done in 3 days and my package ended up being good. I am not sure if those who didn't get selected or not know if they had errors in their package, but if you have any questions I would be more then willing to help anyone out. Just send me a PM and ill see what I can do. If I cant find an answer for you ill find someone who can. Good luck

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I really don't know how the selection boards selected. I got alternate for the FY08 Pilot but I applied for Core and Pilot. It seems that they wanted me to make pilot or nothing ;) Anyways if I don't get picked up this year, I should have a good chance to submit next year.

Truth being told and I don't say this as a bragging right or anything. I went into my MO's office and told him that I had a plan to submit my package for the FY09 board. He told me that I needed to do it asap and well... we only had 3 days. So the whole thing was done in 3 days and my package ended up being good. I am not sure if those who didn't get selected or not know if they had errors in their package, but if you have any questions I would be more then willing to help anyone out. Just send me a PM and ill see what I can do. If I cant find an answer for you ill find someone who can. Good luck

The word "bragging" would never be confused with that statement. I don't think you fully understand the purpose of compiling the application for STA-21.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I think I fully understand it. Its a complicated process that takes a lot of time and work. My goal was to apply the next year but since I had a lot of the material ready and just needed to compile it, it didn't take me very long. Don't think I did a half a$$ job and I am very thankful I did apply because I learned a lot and have a very enjoyable experince.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Considering all the leg work that it takes to put in a good package, I couldn't believe anything thrown together in 3 days would be that stellar.