• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA 21 Selectee: Can I switch Programs?

schmendog

I was selected for this years STA-21 for NFO. The only reason I didnt apply for Pilot was because I didnt think I could meet the degree requirement in time. Now that I just got my degree plan, it looks very possible to meet the Pilot age 29 deadline. Does anyone know if there will be a time where I could switch to pilot?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Talk to your ROTC staff when you get there. Most likely you would have to give up your NFO spot and service select pilot, which would open you up to losing aviation all together.

FWIW, right now they are allowing NFO's with a 50+ NSS the option to switch to pilot in API. That could very well go away tomorrow.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I was selected for this years STA-21 for NFO. The only reason I didnt apply for Pilot was because I didnt think I could meet the degree requirement in time. Now that I just got my degree plan, it looks very possible to meet the Pilot age 29 deadline. Does anyone know if there will be a time where I could switch to pilot?
Congrats on just getting selected. I applied for NFO this year. If there is any information you are willing to share with me about your package it would be appreciated.