• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 PILOT OPTION DEGREE LIMITATIONS?

navycrypto

Hello all,

This is my first post on here and to state my question. I was wondering if anyone here knows if and what the degree restrictions are for the pilot option? I know that the program in general stresses technical degrees but I would prefer to major in a degree that was not math intensive. From what I gather the newest publication states "Selectees must major in a discipline that has direct application to the unrestricted line". To me that seems very vague, does anyone have information on this or know what they are requiring for a degree? Here is a link to the quote. http://www.sta-21.navy.mil/pdfs/sta21_pa_150d_pilot.pdf

Thanks in advance!

OscarMyers

None
There are no restrictions on the degree you can seek. However, you will be required to take two semester of Calculus and two of Calculus based physics, which are pretty math intensive. I would suggest trying to knock those out at a community college or ERAU worldwide. Just make sure the college you are applying to will accept them.

navycrypto

So essentially they will allow me to major in history or foreign area studies? I know all the attention goes towards BS degrees but I am more interested in BA degree options. Will this hurt me at all or are the powers-at-be not as worried about my degree of choice as long as I can pass calculus and physics?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Study what you want. Take into consideration that BA programs don't require Calc & Physics, so you are going to have to fit those into your degree plan as well.