• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Springfield XD

Spin

SNA in Meridian
If you're in Quantico ... go to Quantico Arms. I bought mine from there a few years ago and they had VERY good prices as Springfield is a newer company and they are an authorized dealer. Awsome fire arm .. I have the 9 and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Hightly recommended.

Peace,

-Spin

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Just picked up my XD .45 this afternoon. I'll be headed to the range tomorrow to break it in a bit. Pictures and text to follow.

SpiderUSMC

VetteMuscle427 said:
Got an XD-40... if I were you, mind you I'm a bit of a "nut"... I'd go with an XD-40 and then get the 9mm barrel. But then that's just me.... But anyway, great pistol, love it alot. Looking to get the XD-45.

How much would that 9mm barrel run you? And is it as easy as swapping out the barrels after field stripping?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
Just picked up my XD .45 this afternoon. I'll be headed to the range tomorrow to break it in a bit. Pictures and text to follow.
The NRA 2006 Handgun of the Year .... now I may have to go buy one in spite of myself and sell my .40 S&W/.357 SIG .... always did like that .45 ACP cartridge. :)

Let us know what kind of ammo it likes ... probably all??

perotti17

A4s,

I know that you're not selling your SIG. I have a SIG P226 (.40) and it is the best pistol ever. If its good enough for Jack Bauer, then its good enough for me. It runs about $830 MSRP though...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ptrain said:
A4s,

I know that you're not selling your SIG. I have a SIG P226 (.40) and it is the best pistol ever. If its good enough for Jack Bauer, then its good enough for me. It runs about $830 MSRP though...
No ... sorry ... I was not clear enough. I think I will sell my XD .40 S&W ... with the drop-in BarSto barrel in .357 SIG. And the Heinie night sights. There ... that's better ....

The SIG?? While it's a great pistol and all ... I still have a Model 245 ..... Jack Bauer replaced HIS SIG with an H&K .... :)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Still looking for my damn camera, so text will have to suffice for now. After being used as slave labor this morning, I managed to make it out to the range this afternoon. I put roughly 300 rounds through the pistol: 100 each of (WalMart bargain) Winchester 230gr FMJ and JHP, and 50 each of some FMJ crap the store threw in with the pistol and Hornady's .45+P (230gr, not 200) TAP rounds. No problems feeding with any of the rounds, and with all but the TAP, the accuracy was nice, tight groups at 10yds. For some reason, though, the TAP rounds just seemed to fly more accurately, but I think that had more to do with me paying more attention to my fundamentals after warming up a bit. Unfortunately, it was an outdoor range, and we were stuck with 10, despite my requests to change distances.

The pistol itself is well-balanced, and thanks to the 13 round magazine, it has a nice heft to it. I've got small (think carnie) hands, and it was perfectly comfortable and supremely controllable. The trigger pull is much like a smoother, more friendly Glock, and the trigger safety mechanism didn't bother me at all like some Glocks' have. I think ChuckMK23 said it in another thread, but the recoil seems different than the 9mm XD--somehow smoother, maybe? I let my shooting buddy and a couple other Marines who were there send a magazine each downrange, and they echoed my comments.

I will say, though, that I'm still uncertain about the included Kydex holster. The tension is difficult (more so than other, aftermarket Kydex ones) to get just right, and the pistol either winds up being too difficult to draw or being too loose in the holster. Also, the belt loops seem too wide, letting the whole rig shift way too much. I can't really complain, though, as I really never intended to use it anyway. Others might be more disappointed with it if they intended to.

I'll try to get some pictures up for everyone in the near future.